Something that my devout JDUB cousin said...

by yogosans14 10 Replies latest jw friends

• yogosans14
    yogosans14

We used to be so close before she got heavily involved in the JW religion. She actually got me into it (I actually believed all the nonsense) and I went to meetings with her and everything, we were like brother and sister. She lives in Texas now in a remote area where their is no cell phone signal or anything with her dad and mom (I think they said they moved their to get closer to Jehovah which is weird). Anyways i went to Texas with my family to visit her And my aunt and uncle and she ignored me most of the time, even if I tried to get a conversation going I felt this tension between us and its like she had no interest in what I was talking about. She did give me 3 sermons on how I need to get serious with Jehovah and his

organzation (I never got baptized I went to meetings on and off before I found out TTAT) and I just stayed quite and nodded my head like I was agreeing. Anyways recently I was in the car with my devout grandmother and she was telling me about how she's a great grandmother and the guy who just had a kid is her Sons son who is DF'd. She told my cousin about the baby etc and the dad and my cousin asked "is he in the truth because if he's not I don't want to hear about it" which coming from her really shocked me. I thought JWs care about everyone but I guess not unless your in their social club. She seems to be distancing herself from everyone including family who isn't "in the truth" which is sad because we used to bond so well :(

ugh i hate this religion and what it turns people into.

• goingthruthemotions
    goingthruthemotions

i feel just has you do yogosan14....i hate this cult. i won't classify it has a religion. it will be the ruin of my marriage.

• FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway
    It makes people absolutely unhuman. Their hearts and brains might as well be made of wires.
  • The Searcher
    The Searcher

Sounds like your cousin and her parents are preparing for their own personal Alamo - aka "great tribulation".

Pity you can't explain to her that it came & went as Christ promised - "this generation", not that generation in 2000 years time (Matt. 24:34) - between 66-70 C.E.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    She lives in Texas

Well, we can't have everything in life

now in a remote area where their is no cell phone signal or anything with her dad and mom (I think they said they moved there to get closer to Jehovah

And I thought Jehovah™ communicated through the airwaves now too!

and she ignored me most of the time

Probably forgotten how to communicate without a phone.

She did give me 3 sermons on how I need to get serious with Jehovah and his organization

Counting time by the sounds of it.

"is he in the truth because if he's not I don't want to hear about it" I thought JWs care about everyone but I guess not unless your in their social club. She seems to be distancing herself from everyone including family who isn't "in the truth" which is sad because we used to bond so well

Where’s Oubliette when I need to hear…let’s review , it’s a cult!!

You are seeing the cult mindset firsthand, I'm afraid.

• dubstepped
    dubstepped

I recently went to see my brother who is DF'ed. My family refuses to hear anything about him (or his wife who has nothing to do with any of this) and won't let me talk about the trip to the area he lives in either. Oh, and they now shun me too for the most part, so I guess we aren't really talking anymore. If you're DF'ed, they don't care about you anymore. It makes it easier to shun you if you are vilified. If you talk to the DF'ed, you take a huge risk. I'd rather be shunned for doing the loving thing than loved for doing the shunning thing.

It really is a great reflection of Jesus Christ who loved his enemies, turned the other cheek, went against the current religious culture of the time, ate with the sinners, loved his neighbor, errrrrr.........or maybe it isn't. That's okay though. They had a convention about imitating Jesus, so I'm sure they'll change those things. <sarcasm

• Gulf Coaster
    Gulf Coaster

@dubstepped: "I'd rather be shunned for doing the loving thing than loved for doing the shunning thing."

Good for you, dubstepped. That's such a genuinely loving, kind and good way to think and feel. You're far and away a better person than your JW family.

The shunning thing is one of the factors that led me away from that cult. I knew it was hateful and hurtful. I guess I've always had a soft spot for the underdog and I never like to hear of people being emotionally hurt or abused. So the JW practice of shunning always bothered me deeply.

I always remember a DF'd young man in our congregation whom I adored like my big brother because he was such a nice, good person. He was about 20, I was 12. I was with my mother one day out shopping when we happened to meet him. My face lit up with a big smile, so did his. I said hi but my mother grabbed me by the arm rather painfully and yanked me away as if he was some horrible, dangerous person. I remember the crushed look on his face. And the hurt in his eyes. I got threatened by my mother that I'd get a beating if I ever even looked at him again. Just a horrid, disgusting way to treat another person, all because they dare to think for themselves. The JWs can't tolerate that sort of thing, the independent mind. It's worse than being a pedophile apparently.

• Londo111
    Londo111
    This demonstrates it's a cult and your poor cousin is under mind control.
  • stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

She lives in Texas now in a remote area where their is no cell phone signal or anything with her dad and mom (I think they said they moved their to get closer to Jehovah

aah--so jehovah is in texas now----i wondered where he'd gone.

• opusdei1972
    opusdei1972
    The JW religion is harmful. We must expose it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit