The First Sparlock Novel is Free on Amazon (July 20-24)

by DT 5 Replies latest jw friends

• DT
    DT
    The Great Apocalypse has finally arrived!

Get your free copy here:

The ebook will be free until July 24th. I look forward to your comments and hope you enjoy the novel.
  • DT
    DT
    There haven't been any comments here yet, but numerous people have been downloading the ebook. This book hit #8 today in the Amazon list of free ebooks in the Metaphysical category.

If you don't have an ebook reader, you can still read this book on your computer by using the Kindle Cloud Reader http://www.amazon.com/CloudReader. There are also numerous apps for reading Kindle ebooks on phones and tablets.

If you have an ebook reader, but it doesn't support the Kindle format, then you can convert the file to a different format by using software such as Calibre
    (I turned off Digital Rights Management to make the conversion easier.)

I would like to thank everyone who downloaded the book. Hopefully, this will help to expose a wider audience to Sparlock and some of the issues that former Jehovah's Witnesses have to face.
  • rebel8
    rebel8

Hi,

It says you can only get it for free if you subscribe to Kindle Unlimited.

Good luck with your pursuits! Cool concept for a book.

• Muddy Waters
    Muddy Waters
    Thank you for making this available. Have downloaded it and will peruse!
  • DT
    DT

Thank you for your comments.

Rebel8, you should be able to get it for free even if you haven't subscribed to Kindle Unlimited. You could try clicking the link that says, "See all 2 formats and editions." Then you should see the Kindle edition listed for free.

• DT
    DT
    Here is a little more information about the novel:

I tried to write a story that doesn't require any pre-existing knowledge of Sparlock or Jehovah's Witnesses. I thought it would be better to appeal to a wider audience than just ex-jws. I haven't really tampered with the mythology of Sparlock the Warrior Wizard. Instead, I portrayed events in an alternate world that take place at about the same time as the Summer of Sparlock and it's aftermath. I also used history and mythology to present a fictional backstory for Sparlock.

There is an evolving mystery about a missing person and a financial collapse. The protagonist's investigation leads him to clues related to the Millerites and the Great Disappointment, Nelson Barbour, and Charles Taze Russell. The second book will deal with Joseph Rutherford and the later history of Jehovah's Witnesses.

I worked hard to present certain issues familiar to ex-jws in a fresh dramatic context.

If you would like to keep up with news from the Sparlock Multiverse. There is a Facebook page and a Twitter account.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit