144,000 (yeah, I know)

by ThirdEye 7 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• ThirdEye
    ThirdEye

Ok, so you believe that only 144,000 people will be in Heaven at the end. But, in Revelations 7, it says that 144,000 from all the tribes of Israel will stand be for the Lamb and the throne of God. And the it goes on to say the 12,000 from each tribe. Now, to me, this means that 144,000, just from the tribes of Israel will get admittance into Heaven. It is not considering the rest of the nations. And write after this it says that he then looked up again and saw a group of men, to large for anyone to count, from al nations, races, and languages, standing before the Lamb and the throne of God in white robes aswell. Now, doesn't that right there say that just from the tribes of Israel there will be 144,000. But there are countless many others from every nation that will also enter Heaven. Please read this and weave up some way to justify your belief.

• notperfectyet
    notperfectyet

ummm..ThirdEye...

Your preaching to the Choir here.

Use one of those extra eyes and read some posts.

Oh..and welcome,

• mamashel
    mamashel

Ok, so you believe that only 144,000 people will be in Heaven at the end

WHO'S BELIEFS????

MAMASHEL

• 144thousand_and_one
    144thousand_and_one

Wrong, ThirdEye!

God granted me an arithmetic immateriality variance. So change that number to 144,001.

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

ThridEye,

Welcome to the board. As you read some more posts you'll discover that this is really a forum for recovering JW's and those with Family/Friends who were/are JW. Most here, if they are Christian, don't accept most of the nonsense coming out of Bethel. I personally understand 144,000 to be a symbolic number, and the GREAT CROWD is before the throne to be more realistic.

again WELCOME HOMIE!

• truthseeker1
    truthseeker1

They say that the nation is the "Spiritual Nation" because the some tribes mentioned were not of the original 12. I'm not sure which ones, but I'm sure someone else does. The great crowd is the non-annointed people, who come from outside "Spiritual Isreal"

A few things they left out. 144k is a "Spiritual Number" representing the "Spiritual Kingpriests" of a "Spiritual Kingdom" who will "Spiritually Rule" us "Spiritually".

I'm surprised you didn't see that.

• Europe
    Europe

Well, let those 144,000 JW's get admittance into Heaven!!! Who cares??

If the rest of the world gets admittance to Hell, I'd rather be in Hell, much more fun!!! Besides... I dont want J.W.'s knocking at my door on Saterday mornings at 8.30 a.m. anymore!

• twinkletoes
    twinkletoes

Welcome to the board thirdeye, good to hear your comments.

It is interesting that all of the book of Revelation is symbolic, except of course the 144,000 !! I look forward to more comments on this one.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit