What is God doing?

by Kagloo 46 Replies latest jw experiences

• Kagloo
    Kagloo

CRAZY151 DRINKER.....Ouch ! Ouch! Ouch!

I'm not worried about my loved ones dying... the ones that have died are dead! Worrying one way or the other would make 'one h'apeth of difference' as they say here in Lancashire! But what I do experience is HURT! and a great sense of LOSS and an almost overwhelming sense of ANGER..

Yes of course I lay back sometimes and let it all roll over me.... chill out and have a beer... (well a glass of Scotch in my case!) but in my moments of remembering........

There are places I'll remember all my life though some have changed

Some forever not for better

Some have gone and some remain

All these places have their moments

With lovers and friends I still can recall

Some are dead and some are living

In my life I loved them all.....

It's when I remember that I miss them - and all the chilling out in the world doesn't take the pain away! It's probably true that God is having fun 'up there' ... but he too knows what it's like to loose someone (albeit temporarily and with the sure hope of seeing him moments later back in heaven!) and I'm pretty sure that he empathizes with us in our dark moments of grief.

My hope for the future is sure and strong... but in the meantime I still miss the ones who are no longer a living part of my life... That will only stop when we are together again... one way or the other.

Thanks for the comments... Every point is appreciate and valid.

• Kagloo
    Kagloo

Sorry about this.... I don;t want this all to be me talking back to back with myself... but I had athough just after I pressed the 'send' button on my PC.

The way I cope with the terrible things that happen to people all over the world is to think that once they are dead they are 'Out of time'

In other words they no longer exist in this time frame and so are not aware that they are dead!

That being the case... if death is really just like being asleep' ...they will wake up and what in reality may have been a thousand years since they died or just an day, will be as nothing... just like sometimes you wake from sleep and it feels like you only just nodded off! It's not as if they are awar of the length of time that they are in the grave is it.

Another thought too occurred to me.... Perhaps God sometimes allows people to die to ''take them of the board' ( like a game of chess?) It's not that they are destroyed forever - it's just that they cease to play a part in 'the game' of life until they are revitilised when the 'new game' is started in the New System that the Bible promises...

Does that make any sense at all?

That's what I like about this forum... you can ramble on to yourself and whether it makes sense or not you know that people will have some view on your thoughts....

Next!

• BIBLE BASHER
    BIBLE BASHER

dear dear dear kagloo you must have such a troubled heart. you need a shoulder to cry and a buddy to confide in. You ask questions about subjects that have no answers. but keep posting its refreashing to hear from you o gentle one.

• Double Edge
    Double Edge
    In other words they no longer exist in this time frame and so are not aware that they are dead!

That being the case... if death is really just like being asleep' ...they will wake up and what in reality may have been a thousand years since they died or just an day, will be as nothing... just like sometimes you wake from sleep and it feels like you only just nodded off! It's not as if they are awar of the length of time that they are in the grave is it.

Another thought too occurred to me.... Perhaps God sometimes allows people to die to ''take them of the board' ( like a game of chess?) It's not that they are destroyed forever - it's just that they cease to play a part in 'the game' of life until they are revitilised when the 'new game' is started in the New System that the Bible promises

Of course, that's assuming that death is just a 'sleep', which, by the way is a very minority opinion within the Christian community. Now for those that only believe this life is it and there is no God, I can only say: 'whatever' - all of our various beliefs come from our own individual experiences. So, this is directed for those that DO believe there is a GOD and that there is something beyond this life:

I think there is overwhelmingly more evidence for the immortality of the soul and that life is eternal than there is in the notion the one 'sleeps' at death - for me, that is just one more of the bible's numerous methaphores. When an all-powerful God creates life....He CREATES....why would make a half-hearted creation...now you see it, now you don't...."maybe I'll remember this person if they've been good enough and bring them back"..... no, the soul that has been created by a awesome God is immortal.

Edited by - Double Edge on 26 September 2002 19:21:28

• Kagloo
    Kagloo

Double Edge... Thanks for the comments... One thing sprung to mind as I read them...

" For the living are conscious that they will die.... but as for the dead they know nothing at all"

It's just a thought.

re: "assuming that death is just a 'sleep', which, by the way is a very minority opinion within the Christian community

I have no problem with believing in something that is a minority view! I guess in his own time Christ was viewed as the progenitor of a set of believers who were definitely in the minority.. I don't think that 'size' is important in this setting!

Millions of Germans believed in Adolf Hitler didn't they? But that did not necessarily mean that what he said or did was true did it? ( does that make sense?) Millions of people adhere to the Watchtower Societies' understanding of the Bible... and that definitely doesn't mean that they are right according to many who post on this forum.

Just because something is believed by many or a few is not really relevant is it? It is whether, in the final analysis, time proves the belief true or false...

Noah believed that Jehovah had commissioned him to build an ark for the saving of his family... the fact that only seven other people believed him ( or at least went along with 'the old man' ) was not important... and in time it was, in fact, the minority view that proved true....Well that's how I see it.

One way or the other I guess one of us will finally end up in a canoe with no paddles!!

Take care... and thanks for the reply.

• Kagloo
    Kagloo

Bible Basher....

Well... you started it! It's your fault... I have merely become a clone of my master...Ha ha!

p.s. Thanks for the Tax! You're a gudbud!

• Iwasyoungonce
    Iwasyoungonce

This is right up with churches taking money via holy extortion.

If God needs money so bad then he can get a f*&king job like the rest of us.

Who has stopped more evil in your life; Man Or God?

Who has done more damage in your life; Man Or God?

Maybe God is asking us WHY IN THE HELL DO YOU ALL KEEP SCREWING YOURSELVES?

If we want to see God then we are going to have to learn to stop doing the evil that we do. It is up to us to stop it. Also, it is up to us to stop doing it.

GOD is in us. So is the Countergod.

Internal faith I have; external belief I do not bet on.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit