2 Basic Commandments..............

by rocky220 4 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• rocky220
    rocky220

I forget the scripture, but I will look for it........but I seem to remember 2 commandments Jesus gave:

[1] Love Jehovah God over all others.....and

[2] Love your neighbor as you would love yourself.

Now I could be wrong, but what other laws do we need???????? anyone care to elaborate????

IMHO-all other mandates, doctrines, blah, blah blah, nothing but cannon fodder!.......rocky220

• minimus
    minimus

You need these 2 laws only. And of course, you need a Watchtower list to understand the law's application.

• Englishman
    Englishman

I once received a "reproof" for loving my neighbour.

Englishman.

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

Jesus was quoting Deuteronomy 6:4-5 "Hear, O Israel, Yahweh our God is OneAnd you must love the Yahweh your God with all your heart, all your soul, and all your strength. The next part comes from Leviticus 19:18b "...love your neighbor as Yourself. Jesus quotes this in Matt 22:34-40, Mark 12:29-3, and Luke 10:25-28.

I believe it was Rabbi Hillel who, the story goes, was approached by a gentile who asked him to teach him the entire law (all 613 commandments) while standing on one leg, and he would convert. The Rabbi stood on one leg and quoted the above two scriptures and said, "This sums up the whole law, all the rest is commentary, go and learn"

• rocky220
    rocky220

Thank you for the info, Yerusalym.....Have a Blessed Day!!!!! rocky220

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit