JW HISTORY (DIscussion on Watchtower errors)

by gregbetre 12 Replies latest jw friends

• Parousia
    Parousia

Thank you for putting all the effort into typing this up for us.

Speaking of witnessing to JW's when they come to the door, I have had some interesting experienes talking to them. One guy looked at me after I had him read Rev. 1:8 and 1:17-18 in the TWT, and I could see a look of realization flicker in his eyes.

His wife who was sitting next to him on the couch (I had invited them in) nearly came unglued. She realized I knew too much to be just an interested person.... Then she nearly drug him out of there. I could see her yelling at him all the way to their car. He turned and looked back at me one last time. I'll never forget that look. He knew.

They sat in their car for a while. It looked like she was really letting him have it. I found out later that she had been a JW for over twenty years and he had only been in a few years. His niece had been praying for them. I've lost touch, and I don't know what ever happened to them.

The experience encouraged me because I've had others that were kind of frightening ... like being screamed at and called names by an elder. I told him I would pray for him though and that I loved him in Christ. He didn't know how to answer that. The young man with him stood transfixed at my door and had to be coaxed away. He had the same look the guy I mentioned above had ... like for a brief minute he could see.

I do this because I hope that someone out there is doing the same for me ... if it's my Mom or Dad at your door.

Fell and Landed

• Parousia
    Parousia

Trot,
    Not sure about the caps question, but I like these verses.

One problem JW's have with the First and Last being Jesus is the OT cross reference to the verse in Isaiah 44:6, "This is what Jehovah has said, the King of Isreal and the Repurchaser of him, Jehovah of armies, 'I am the first and I am the last , and besides me there is no God.'"

Put this with the context of Rev. 1:8, 1:17-18; 22:12-13 speaking of Christ and what do you come up with?

These are some of my favorite passages to question JW's at my door with.

Fell and Landed

• Trotafox
    Trotafox

Fell: Thanks. I think this is good, too. Sometimes it's just so darn frustrating to know where to start with JW's because they are so twisted on so many things. I would like to stay with one subject and Christ's deity seems to be a good one to stick with because it's so obvious when you point out the scriptures (from their own NWT, too). Pull that down and things come crashing down all over the place. Of course, if all else fails just ask "Hey, what's the WT doing about the two Witness rule and it's pedophile victims?" (in love, of course)

Trot

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit