Why so much mental illness among JW's?

by cherjcd 41 Replies latest jw friends

• DJ
    DJ

Hi again Outoftheorg,

If you have apologized, asked for his forgiveness and hugged him then that is all you can do! I understand completely the confusion/anger and taking it out on someone else. We have probably all done it. I hope that he is able to atleast forgive you? Unfortunately, you cannot erase his past or the effect it has had on him. So sorry for that. There are consequenses that we suffer as a result of the borg as you well know. They've caused pain in ourselves and our families and friends. I think it would be sooo beneficial for you to atleast forgive yourself! You did the best you could at that time! Have you ever spoken to your son the way you have spoken here. My God, I think he'd be moved to tears. Healing tears! Maybe regret, can go to our graves with us but you can find relief for the grief and shame. I mean, I am not your child but I was raised in the wt and I only got out 7 years ago. I am 41 now. My family is still in it. I would forgive my parents in a heartbeat for the mental and physical abuse they put us children thru......if they'd only see it that way. For crying out loud....you have learned from your mistake! I'd be proud to have a dad like you! luv, dj

• outoftheorg
    outoftheorg

Thanks again DJ.

I appreciate your post. It is always helpful to receive the suggestions of another. I will take the steps you mentioned the next time my son and I meet.

I have forgiven my self for the way I behaved and reacted to things with my children. But this particular situation still concerns me. How could I be so stupid to allow the borgs teachings do this to me and stay in the borg as I did?

Well I guess I am only human and we all make mistakes.

Thanks again and best wishes to you and yours.

Outoftheorg

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit