Another One Of Those Caption Thingies....

by Englishman 13 Replies latest jw friends

• Englishman
    Englishman

..I was a bit younger then, BTW.

Englishman.

• SpannerintheWorks
    SpannerintheWorks

Man: That F*****G parrot of yours has just S**T in my face!

Woman: And mine!

• SpannerintheWorks
    SpannerintheWorks

Englishboy: HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Valis
    Valis

See! This GB member came all the way from Brooklyn to give the keynote address...give em a craker mate!

Sincerely,

District Overbeer of the "parrot no more" class

• SpannerintheWorks
    SpannerintheWorks

Englishboy: Listen, parrot, in 40 years time I will be sending posts to Jehovahs-Witness.com, telling them all to make up a caption for this photo. SO GIVE ME MY 1 1/2 FINGERS BACK!!!

• COMF
    COMF

Caption:

"Boi Jove, 'e repeats 'at shit from t' Watchtower as good as oi do!"

• TruckerGB
    TruckerGB

Is that a Norwegian blue?,its not stuffed!

• ignored_one
    ignored_one

Parrot: No I do NOT want a free home bible study.

Ignored One.

Edited by - ignored_one on 14 September 2002 15:11:31

• Gedanken
    Gedanken

*** w56 7/1 397 What Dedication Means to Me ***
    6 Just look at the gods the peoples all around us in the old world are serving. Even some of Jehovah's people have started to emulate those in the world by succumbing to animal worship. They are proud, high-minded, and put their personal honor, reputation and pets above all else. They make their pet their god, think only of its litterbox, and seek at all times the pleasures and gratifications of the petshop. Still others give their devotion and praise to flying creatures of the heavens including parrots, cockatoos and magpies. Expensive and exotic birdseeds are the "almighty" things to these people and they will make great sacrifices to gain these seeds for their avian companions whom they exonnerate above even God. And so it is in the old world today: people are so devoted and dedicated to their pet mice, their tortoises, having the latest birdcage, constructing an ant farm, or spending excess time with their cat, that they have no time to devote attention to the pure worship and service of the only living and true God, "whose name alone is JEHOVAH."-Ps. 83:18.

7 When a person comes out of and abandons this old system of things it is only reasonable that he should stop loving and serving its many false, animalistic gods. Jehovah is absolutely right when he insists that such a person give his exclusive devotion to Him and have his pets destroyed. We have heard of some who have passed their pets on to others in the congregation so as to "make room for it." But is this not simply transferring a burdensome load to our fellow sufferers in the Christ? Far better to do as Jesus recommended - for, would not the injunction to tear out our very eye if it impeded us not apply also to our pet? The apostle John appreciated the rightness of this divine requirement and so he wrote to Christians: "Do not be loving either the [animal] world or the things in the [animal] world. If anyone loves the [animal] world, the love of the Father is not in him; because everything in the world-the desire of the [fish] and the desire of the eyes [elaborately colored tropical, or even worse, for they require more care, marine fish] and the showy display of [one's highly colored pet birds] .... originates with the world.

• Knotty_boy
    Knotty_boy

Parrot: No I do NOT want a free home bible study

LOL I can't top that one!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit