What Jehovah can't do...

by C0ntr013r 14 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• C0ntr013r
    C0ntr013r

During the RC today I heard this(i am paraphrasing and translating):

"Jehovah has created the physical universe for us. He is a spirit and he can't enjoy physical things so he created it for us alone. He can't get any pleasure from physical things."

What about "God said it was good"? Is that not a expression of enjoyment? Or the spirits who "enjoyed" women before the flood?

Anyhow, this got me thinking; what can't Jehovah do?

If I remember correctly Jehovah can't walk on the earth in eden, he must use an angel.

I guess that means he can't take a physical form?

He could not fight with Jacob, same reason I guess?

There are more examples of this.

He can't lie because he said so ;)

He can't be unjust.

He can't kill Satan.... Yet ;)

I remember a video by Darkmatter where it was asked: "can God know what it is like to do... (insert a horribly heinous immoral act)

After all, if God is all powerful...

There are probably many more things, what restrictions on Jehovah do you remember?

• Driving Force
    Driving Force

When I was an active witness I always liked the text that says "God cannot lie". Now I know TTATT to me this text is just another proof that God/Jehovah/creator or whatever you want to call the man in the sky is not with Jehovah's Witnesses because it is an organization where the head lies, cheats, protects pedophiles, delivers weapons, etc.

All these things, I am sure, are things that the "God that cannot lie" would have nothing to do with.

• zeb
    zeb
    He can not know pleasure? yet it was his design that came up with the 8000 or so nerve endings that channel into the clitoris?
  • Bonsai
    Bonsai

I'd rather focus on what he/she/it CAN do.

He/she/it can be silent.

He/she/it can be invisible.

He/she/it can be non-existent.

He/she/it is like that father that was never there, never cared. Always too busy to bother saving a child from a tsunami, or save a starving baby from a vulture. Too busy with the building of Warwick to stop earthquakes, viruses or cancer. Too busy showing humans that we can't live without him, by alienating himself from us during our greatest moment of need.

I remember climbing a mountain and screaming to god, "Tell me that you are there! Tell me that you care!"

All I heard were the echoes of my fading plea. God wasn't on the mountain that day....

• C0ntr013r
    C0ntr013r

So true Driving Force.

Zeb

I think the speaker meant physical universe pleasure and that God maybe has some spirit pleasure? ;) But it is a good point.

• C0ntr013r
    C0ntr013r
    It is interesting that the Jws are selective with ALL information, not just "worldly info". When I talked to some of the friends about this (with reasons for why this could not be the case) they said things like: "he must have meant something else" or "they are imperfect men". They don't just pick and choose when it comes to science and media, they do it at their own conventions...
  • fulano
    fulano
    He can't create an object he can't lift up?
  • galaxie
    galaxie
    The idea of god/ jehovah has given humans the ability to speculate, most of which is complete and utter nonsense. Alas the obsession seems to be permanent in some ! There are more worthwhile things to be concerned about.
  • WTWizard
    WTWizard
    That thing cannot stand humanity living and minding its own business. Joke-hova just has to have its nose in everyone's business, with the goal of enslaving us all.
  • oppostate
    oppostate
    "Jehovah has created the physical universe for us. He is a spirit and he can't enjoy physical things so he created it for us alone. He can't get any pleasure from physical things."

That guy is actually quite ignorant and presumptuous.

What about the angels who left their abode in Heaven to materialize and enjoy the charms of the "ladies."

If they didn't enjoy pleasure from physical things they wouldn't have craved such "companionship."

God and the Angels are spirits, so it's very obvious that the speaker was either following yet more WT bright ideas they pull out of their collective ar$e, or too presumptuous and totally ignorant about what the Bible says.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit