Silentlambs Press conference in Tucson, AZ

by john123 17 Replies latest jw friends

• Larry
    Larry

John - Thanks for taking the lead on that. It's a small step that's going to play a larger role in the near future of exposing the BORG for what it is. Thanks a million for your efforts. Please keep us posted with any new developments.

Peace my Brother - LL

• Jesika
    Jesika

Thank you for keeping us informed. I hope to have some coverage soon here in Dallas. I will let everyone know when it finally happens. Thanks again John!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• john123
    john123

Hi grits,

There is a taping of the newscasts with those stories on them. Go to www.kgun.com if you want a transcript. This is the stations web site.

• john123
    john123

Hi everyone,

I am am not able to go to NY for the march on the 27th, so I am following Bill's suggestion on having a march in the city I live in. Whoever else can't go to NY feel free to come to Tucson if this is closer for you. We are going to have the march in Tucson on either the 27th or perhaps the 28th. If others are interested in this I will give a definate date by the 21st. Take care

• imanaliento
    imanaliento

good going John silent lambs and all salute you for speaking out on behalf of the victims.

It's funny when they say they are law-abiding, taaalk about b.s. the outside of the cup is clean but the inside is filthy.

Edited by - imanaliento on 14 September 2002 14:36:55

• john123
    john123

Because of the JW leaders' sweeping generalization about being the most law-abiding group in the world I released this press statement in Tucson. One will most definately be sent the kingdom hall that furnished the response to the media. the press release is below:

Approaches To Education, Inc. Statement

September 10, 2002

For Immediate Release:

On September 5, 2002 at 10:30 AM two Jehovahs Witnesses showed up at a Jehovahs Witness Kingdom Hall located 22 nd & Rosemont to give a press conference concerning issues involving pedophiles within the religion. Many child rape victims claimed that the elders did nothing because there were not two eyewitnesses to the act, and then threatened to expel them if anyone was told about the abuse. After the press conference and a news interview with the two Jehovahs Witness, a member of the 29 th & Rosemont kingdom hall said the allegations were ridiculous, and that Jehovahs Witnesses are the most law-abiding people in the world.

The fact that there is a pedophile problem within the Jehovahs Witness religion is far from ridiculous. The media throughout the United States and England have done at least 32 news stories concerning pedophiles in this religion. William Bowen has also talked with about 5,000 child rape victims through his help line.

A manual for Jehovahs Witness elders states: If there are two or three witnesses to the same kind of wrongdoing but each one is witness to a separate incident, their testimony can be considered (p 110,Shepherd the Flock). There are more than enough separate eyewitnesses accounts to satisfy the Jehovahs Witnesses policy so an investigation could be started. When are the denominational leaders of the Jehovahs Witnesses going act tough against child molestation as stated in their August 7, 2001 PR statement?

For a list of media statements and stories concerning this issue, and for scheduled Silent Lambs Activities in Southern Arizona call John Brown at 400-0650. To contact William Bowen, founder of Silent Lambs you can call him toll free at 1-877-WTABUSE (982-2873).

• john123
    john123

Hey Jesika,

You are pretty close to Tucson. If you want to, come on down to Tucson and join us in the mini march we are going to have for those who cannot make it to New York on Sept 27. It looks like we may have a pretty large crowd for the Tucson event. I will keep you posted to see if the Tucson, AZ mini march is actually going to occur

• john123
    john123

q

Edited by - john123 on 15 September 2002 7:22:58

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit