A Dedication to Tupac Shakur

by Reborn2002 23 Replies latest jw friends

• Reborn2002
    Reborn2002

September 13th, 1996 - September 13th, 2002.

Today marks the 6 year anniversary of Tupac's death.

I remember it like it was yesterday.

That was the only instance in which a celebrity died that when I heard of his passing, I wept.

Often misinterpreted and misunderstood, he was one of the most controversial, passionate, influential, and powerful artists of a generation.

My generation.

In my opinion the greatest artist of the era, and many share my opinion.

Undoubtedly a legend in his own time.

A poet, lyricist, political and social activist, like most shining stars that illuminate so brightly that they blind all who glare at it.. he was snuffed out at a young age.. and far too soon.

A conflicted soul, the passion, suffering, and desire for change in this world was ever present in his lyrics, and no current artist has been able to match that power of expression.

Many theories abound as to what really happened that fateful night in Las Vegas.

The recent article in the LA Times proposes that his archrival, Christopher Wallace, aka The Notorious B.I.G., of Bad Boy Records, with whom he had an ongoing feud at the time, was directly responsible for his murder.

Others believe that Suge Knight was the mastermind behind the offense.

Yet others think that he is still alive, for indeed many coincidences and gaping holes in facts surround his shooting and autopsy.

I could delve into theories and my own opinions of what happened... but I do not wish to detract from the purpose of this post.

Some say music is food for the soul, and can aid someone in getting through troubled times in their lives or in coping with stress and depression. I believe that, and 2Pac helped me through some hard times in my life, even recently.

Irregardless of what critics or opposers say, his music and poetry are what live on, in my heart, and in the hearts of millions.

R.I.P. Tupac.

• Mister Biggs
    Mister Biggs

I wasn't a huge fan of Tupac's. I liked him when he was with Digital Underground. I thought he was talented as far as writing lyrics and the few movies that he did. I just wasn't a fan of his style of Rap (and I am a Rap fan).

Feel free to e-mail me your theory(ies) on his death. I am most interested.

Peace,

Bri.

• Legendary U.2.K.
    Legendary U.2.K.

Naw homie i'm not gonna celebrate or enjoy some anniversary over some one's death, and you not suppose to do that. On a personal note Makaveli is not even dead, his fans just think that(Well some). I made a promise to keep pac and the little homie kadafi name on the street and that's what i'm gonna do.. Anyway i use to be the biggest makaveli fan worldwide, but has time move on, i shot away from all that rap thing, i'm still a pac fan but just not a huge one.... I like rock better! But besides all that, if you a tupac fan, just go over to http://www.urbansoundz.net/board , that board is for makaveli fans, just watch out for some ignorant people over there....

• Legendary U.2.K.
  • Legendary U.2.K.
    Legendary U.2.K.

[img]

Edited by - Legendary U.2.K. on 13 September 2002 17:37:2

• SYN
    SYN

It's a real pity about what happened - he was one of the better rap artists of our time *sigh*

• Legendary U.2.K.
    Legendary U.2.K.

How you post a pic? lol, you can see i had trouble posting that one.

• bigboi
    bigboi

Dude died too young.

In the end that's gonna be his legacy, he died too young.

IMO, he was supposed to get past all the bravado and angst of youth. I would've loved to see what he would have done when he finished with music. But like a good bit of young brothers with promise he got caught up in bullshit.

One of my favorite raps groups name is an acronym for the GOODDIEMostlyOverBullshit.

That' s why I was sad when he passed, cause he coulda been so much greater, but he won't be. Why? Because he couldn't see past the bullshit.

ONE....

bigboi

• SoulJah
    SoulJah

Yes, & I miss my old sinature:

"one day we'll all be together until then i'm ready for whatever"

- Tupac Shukar

E'nuff Respect !

• Larry
    Larry

Good 1.

I got into 2Pac heavily after I left the BORG - He's amazing. When I analyzed his lyrics I said "there is no way he wrote that!" After a while, I realize he did. The lyrical gymnasiums is spell bounding. As strange as it may seem I always wonder how 2pac and Biggie would have turned out if they had a real father in their lives.

Speaking of Rap (really Hip Hop), here's my top 4:

Biggie (For having a fu*king good time) Even when I was in the BORG advising kids not to listen to Rap, I couldn't help listening to Biggie.

KRS-1 (For the educated lyrics and consiousness - Don't sleep on his beats)

2Pac (For everything, I could write a book on his lyrics)

Rakim (True Hip Hop)

Just to show my ignorance in the Rap game - While I was in the BORG. One of the Elders told me 'Larry, we have to talk with 'young bro. so and so, b/c he wants to be down with the Wu-Tang Clan." I said "What's a Wu-Tang?"

Damn - I've came a long way :)

Peace - LL

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit