Do bad things happen because you leave the JW's

by mamashel 25 Replies latest jw friends

• RandomTask
    RandomTask

Nothing I can add just back up the people who said bad things happen whether you are in or out. There are a lot of non JW's who don't have babies out of wedlock, who don't abuse drugs who live normal lives. And there are JW's who do have these things happen to them. Basically don't shift the blame from her to not going to the meetings. If she didn't want to get pregnant than its her fault for not using protection, its that simple. Blaming it on non meeting attendance will only shift the blame and make her feel better because she is not directly at fault.

I'm not going to tread moral ground because I don't believe that people have the right to tell others how to live. Some people have children out of wedlock on purpose and don't believe that it is wrong, and others believe its a sin. Its up to you to decide that for yourself, not me. But if you do believe that it is a sin then don't take an attitude of "oh I couldn't help it because I didn't have Jah's spirit" or somesuch, it doesn't fly. You aren't facing your problems head on by looking in the mirror and saying, "hey, I screwed up"

• Golden Girl
    Golden Girl

Not ready to get married but ready to lay down and make a baby? I think her priorities are mixed up!

Golden Girl...aka...Snoozy...

JMO.....

• scootergirl
    scootergirl

Not ready to get married but ready to lay down and make a baby? I think her priorities are mixed up!

Guess my way of thinking isn't quite the "old fashioned" way of thinking, but sex is a natural part of life. I do not, and will not, teach my children that they HAVE to save themselves for marriage. Pregnancy (and std) are consequences of unprotected sex.

My middle son was born out of wedlock.......a surpise if you will. But you know what, he is a blessing in my life. Total blessing. My priorities were NOT to get pregnant......it was a consequence of loving someone and sharing something with that person. I, of course, was not 17 years old, but still.......the consequence was a baby. I never married his father, but we have something very very special and that is our son. Our pride and joy.

What I teach my children makes my dub parents cringe. But I try to teach my children responsiblity. Every action has a consequence. And to live w/consequences can be very difficult at times. I know.......decisions I have made have had GREAT consequences in my life.

My daughter (12) just told her auntie (eyegirl) that she is going to live w/a man before she gets married. I nodded in agreement and laughed. Told eyegirl "can't wait for her to tell grandma (who is a dub) that one! LOL

Edited by - scootergirl on 14 September 2002 9:11:8

• kelsey007
    kelsey007

A lot of bad things happened in my life because I DID NOT LEAVE SOON ENOUGH!

• mamashel
    mamashel

((((((((((((((((((((scootergirl)))))))))))))))))))

You are my friend!!! I think it is very necessary to be open and honest with kids. I think some missunderstood my ? on this, it was actually my daughter question do bad things happen when you leave. She feels like her life is upside down because of leaving. I told her it is not. But thanks for all your imput.

Thanks to everyone else also.

mama

• mamashel
    mamashel

Golden girl, she is only 17, and I would not want her to get married, especially if she is not ready or does not want to yet. I dont think that is having her priorities messed up. Even if she is pregnant, that doesnt mean she has to get married. I think that is using your noggin.

mama

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit