Bethany Hughes Funeral

by Kenneson 18 Replies latest jw friends

• buffalosrfree
    buffalosrfree

I wonder if she could have been given/taken, aspiritn, tylenol , or other medication at her High School. A mature minor, my anus, she was definitely mind controlled. Her husband should have spit on her mother at the funeral instead of hugging her (unless bear hug of course), must my two, but a freedom fighter lets get real, tranquility and peace when you die, I didn't see that in Vietnam, it sure wasn't at the WTC, Pentagon, or in rural Penn. a year ago. I never looked at blod transfusions as even a thought that the society or anyone else had any say so in. just rambling.

Edited by - buffalosrfree on 13 September 2002 10:33:1

• JT
    JT

the comment was made:

EVERY SINGLE ONE OF YOU WILL HAVE TO ANSWER FOR THE DEATH AND DESPAIR YOU HAVE CAUSED WITH YOUR DEADLY POLICIES. EVERY SINGLE ONE OF YOU.

@@@@@@@

how i wish that was true, the fact of the matter is the GB and many of the other bethel heavies will die peacefully surrounded by their loved ones at bethel- never to have to worry about giving an accounting and according to wt dogma any errors or sins they commited while alive

well the wages of sin is death so they will have their tab paid off as well, you got to love religion it is the greatest invention of man in my view

• JT
    JT

I still feel that educating people about the unethical recruiting tactics used by the WT, along with their long history of false prophecies and policies that amount to spiritual abuse, is the only way to make a difference

$$$$$$$$$

i agree , many times there is very little that can be done to get folks out-, but cutting off the INFLUX IS WHAT WE ALL CAN HELP DO

• TD
    TD

"Why is it continually overlooked that Bethany had the blood transfusions. The blood transfusions did not work. The blood transfusions did not work. The blood transfusions did not work."

Transfusion in and of itself is not therapy for acute myeloid leukemia, it is therapy for the chemo used to fight it.

When the chemo was curtailed, so were the transfusions and the disease returned exactly as the original medical team told her father it would.

• sunshineToo
    sunshineToo

Bethany's poem was sad, and the situation which her father is in is tragic also.

This is an example of how dangerous brain-washing/ mind-controll can be.

I just hope her family finally finds some peace now. They have gone through enough. They should find some closer to this situation now.

So is Larry still going to divorce his wife? What's going to happen to his legal fee?

By the way, OHappyday, I believe Bethany stopped blood tranfusion. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought she didn't go through the whole procedure. And if I had a daughter and the doctor told me that she has 1% of surviving chance with the blood tranfusion, I would go for it to save my child. If there is any chance at all, I would pursue.

• Flip
    Flip
    "We live in this great country called Canada where you can say whatever you want and can write down whatever you want and do whatever you want," she said softly.

"We have a Charter of Rights and Freedoms ... but if you're under 18, you don't have freedoms.

"In a year, I'd be a citizen, but right now I'm not a citizen. I'm almost 17 and I can't make a decision that a person one year older than me can make and that upsets me." - Bethany Hughes

Perhaps Im mistaken, but was Bethany speaking also on behalf of Jehovahs Witnesses 18 years and younger being freely authorized to invoke the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms within the confines of the Kingdom Hall?

And if young inquisitive Jehovahs Witnesses reach a different conclusion than Bethany, is she demanding they be allowed to continue or discontinue their association as a Jehovahs Witness free of sanction or threat from the Watchtower Organization and family and friends who are also currently Jehovahs Witnesses?

If this is actually what she meant, then I think Bethany has a very good point and must be pursued as per her request.

• Mimilly
    Mimilly

I think the fact that Bethany stated that she was fighting for the rights of teenagers to choose what happens to them and many times talked about being a citizen of Canada (patriotic)proves that she wasn't mature enough to refuse blood on a religious basis. In her final statements - she was acting like any other teenager - arguing for rights for teens. She did not go to her death saying it was a religious conviction. Those were words obviously put in her young mouth. Has anyone else noticed this?

I am still angry that the father was kept from seeing his daughter one very last precious time, but I hope the family can find some kind of peace. And I hope the case sinks the WTS like a millstone.

Mimilly

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

There was at least one fleeting moment of reconciliation at the end.

"United in grief. Warring parents embrace at Bethany's grave."

http://www.canoe.ca/EdmontonNews/es.es-09-13-0040.html

• Scully
    Scully

OhHappyDay writes:
    >>>And why does the father continually blame others for what he taught his daughter to believe?<<<

WHO taught the father that it was HIS RESPONSIBILITY to teach his children to believe the doctrines of the WTS?

WHO taught the father that if he did NOT teach his children to believe the doctrines of the WTS, that he would be BLOODGUILTY?

WHO taught the father that he HAD to teach his children to listen to the teachings of the WTS, to the exclusion of all reason and all other points of view?

Saying that it's the father's fault is like blaming a car dealership for a manufacturing defect in a vehicle that results in a fatal accident.

The blame belongs to the SOURCE of the teachings, not the TRUSTING people who have been used to propagate those teachings.

Love, Scully

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit