Watchtower Has Statute of Limitation on SIN?

by Nanoprobe 25 Replies latest jw friends

• simplesally
    simplesally

Yes, but that don't treat publishers that way! Even if your "sin" was "some years ago" and you don't tell, they say you were lying every day you didn't tell. That you were hiding from Jehovah, hiding from discipline. Not only do you get reproved, you get df'd because you didn't tell.

• expatbrit
    expatbrit

Compare this Question from Readers in the December 1970 KM:

*** km 12/70 4 Question Box ***
    Question Box

Are all dedicated males in the congregation qualified to give public talks?

Qualifications for public speakers are mentioned on pages 150 to 152 of the Lamp book. Not all dedicated men have these qualifications, but many can develop them over a period of time by regular participation in the Theocratic Ministry School. Additionally, age is a factor. One who teaches in this way in the congregation ought not to be person newly dedicated, but one experienced in handling the Word. Therefore 18 years is recommended as a reasonable minimum age for public speakers; however, an exception might be considered when a young brother is an appointed servant in a congregation where there are insufficient older brothers available to give talks, if the congregation committee finds that he meets the qualifications set forth in the Lamp book.

If at one time a person had been disfellowshiped or disassociated, may he ever give a public talk? This might occur, but only after at least ten years from reinstatement. (For details see The Watchtower, 8/15/65, p. 497; Lamp, p. 121.)

And there you have it. Cover wrongdoing up and the statute of limitations is three years. Expose wrongdoing and restrictions last for 10 years.

Watchtower gives them opportunity, and it gives them motive.

Expatbrit

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

expatbrit: All the ingredients of a cover-up, eh?

Cheers, Ozzie

• Nanoprobe
    Nanoprobe

Watchtower is a $986,000,000 +/- a year company. Their main commodity is IMAGE; to sully that image is a major infraction. If you are DF'd or DA'd there is a 10 year penalty. Cover up the crime for three years and nobody cares any more. Poor Wolfgirl got zero justice because her father (the elder) was able to molest and lie but he did not tarnish the CLEAN IMAGE. Slander or damaging the image by telling the truth (apostasy) is a worse crime than child abuse .

• wednesday
    wednesday

This is so revolting that i can hardly stand reading it in print. to think the main pursope of an org. is to maintain a squeaky clean image at the suffering of children and victims of crimes. It just makes me want to vomit...except my husband keeps telling me"and u think the other churches don't have scandals and coverups and all that? u are fooling yourself-u htink they are blessed by jehovah?" Now i say-is any religion any good-because they all cover over bad stuff and ji bet there is a catholic somewhere feeling just like we do. any comments

• UnDisfellowshipped
    UnDisfellowshipped

Hi Wednesday,

I know what you're saying.

There are good people and bad people in every Religion.

However, a Religion whose Leaders teach their Members to lie and cover-up their wickedness has absolutely NO blessing from Jehovah and Jesus.

From what I have read in the New Testament, and all of the things I have read about our Lord Jesus Christ, you do not need to be in a certain Church or Organization to be approved by God.

Here's an example: Just look at Barbara & Joe Anderson, Bill & Sheila Bowen, and Carl & Barbara Pandelo (The silentlambs who were on Dateline).

The Watchtower Disfellowshipped them for telling the truth, exposing wickedness, and trying to protect children from being raped.

Now, those silentlambs probably don't belong to any Religion, but I'm pretty sure that they still believe in God and Christ.

Do you think God will destroy them because they do not belong to a specific Religion, Church, Group, or Organization?

On the contrary, I believe that their reward will be great in the Kingdom of the Heavens!

Also, there is a Scripture that says even though EVERY PERSON may be a LIAR, God and Jesus CANNOT lie.

The things that God loves about a person are the following qualities:

* Whether or not the person loves God and Jesus with their whole mind, their whole soul, their whole spirit, and their whole heart (and whether or not a person believes in Jesus Christ as their Savior and that He died for their sins).

* Whether or not the person loves their neighbor (any fellow human) the same as they love their self.

* Whether or not a person has love even for their enemies (you should LOVE the PERSON who is wicked, but you should HATE the WICKEDNESS that the person has done).

There are also Scriptures which say that you should not put trust in humans, but rather put your trust in God and Jesus and God's Word the Bible.

I hope this helps.

My main point is that you do not need to belong to a certain Religion or Church or Organization for God to save you.

You simply have to have Faith in God and believe in Jesus and have LOVE for your friends and your enemies.

Edited by - UnDisfellowshipped on 14 September 2002 6:11:3

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit