Be honest . . .How many people did YOU...

by Prisila 6 Replies latest jw friends

• Prisila
    Prisila

help get out???

I have finally started telling people inside the "org". My childhood friend and another friend. They both have JW's all over their families. Yet, they claim they WILL NOT shun me. (I'M SHOCKED!!!)

I don't see my childhood friend staying as a JW for the rest of her life. As for my other friend I think she would rather live a lie than hurt her family.

They are both VERY curious to know what I know, hence COC book. I have said to them that I don't want to be the cause of them leaving "the truth." However, this makes them even more curious. I'm dying to tell them and I know I have a good chance of getting my childhood friend out. But, I'll look like the evil one to her mother and temporarily to her husband. Although, I KNOW he will come around. I need advice plus......

I'd like to know how many here have had success stories on getting people out.

As always thank you for all your help, suggestions and support.

XOXOXOX,

PV

• hamptonite21
    hamptonite21

Do it gradually and slowly, give them the internet address www.exjws.net and let them read the news section very interesting. Start with the disfellowship issue. Good luck

• Pathofthorns
    Pathofthorns

I think the WT themselves can claim to have helped the most people leave. Either by outrightly disfellowshipping them or by creating an environment that leaves people disillusioned to the point where they begin searching for answers.

I also think anyone who has spent countless hours helping people through the difficult (and frustrating) process of leaving ultimately gives credit to the individual making the exit, because even with the most brilliant arguments and strategies, a person with a closed mind that is not ready to leave will never leave.

Path

• Granny Linda
    Granny Linda

I don't have advice, just my thoughts.

Maybe it's easy for me to say "who cares" what others might think of you for sharing...after having been asked. You apparently did not push your viewpoint, you were ask an honest question. At any point the receiver does'nt like what they are listening to, they have a choice; sorta like, "tell me no more."

People are gonna think about us, and others, as they see fit- no matter the situation. Most folks although we don't always state our opinion, have an opinion. We could continue living our life in some sort of fear of what others would think, but we are not responsible for their thinking...any more then will would be responsible for their actions.

Really, just wondering here, how many people really take someone else's experience to heart? We can talk till we're blue in the face, know without a doubt that the "truth" is NOT the truth; so having been given an opportunity too simply SHARE your experiences, your perception of given book - what do you have to lose? What might the other person who asks in all sincerity have to lose...I believe it's a good thing to question our belief system periodically. Things change, we change.

Wishing you well with whatever your decision. Don't allow fear to stop you from being honest.

Granny

• Quotes
    Quotes

Path said:

I also think anyone who has spent countless hours helping people through the difficult (and frustrating) process of leaving ultimately gives credit to the individual making the exit, because even with the most brilliant arguments and strategies, a person with a closed mind that is not ready to leave will never leave.

I couldn't agree more.

Of course, I would have said "You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink" but then I generally talk with trite analogies (I learned that from reading WT magazine).

• kenpodragon
    kenpodragon

1 or 2 maybe ... I never really try

• Guest 77
    Guest 77

Path has a good answer. When it comes to personal decisions I do not interfere. My brother who is presently an elder asked me to study with him ages ago and his wife hated me for 14 years thinking that I initiated the study. She wasted 14 years of her life! If she only asked.

Guest 77

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit