Marked for life

by Sadie5 3 Replies latest jw friends

• Sadie5
    Sadie5

Last night I was visiting with one of my friends who works at the local police dept. She was talking about a guy that had to come in and register as a sex offender. He claims that this girl said she was 18, was really only 13 and he was convicted of rape, served 1 year in jail. He must now register as a sex offender at the police dept wherever he lives. Street address, no Post Office Box address. The dept of corrections sends out letters and they are not forwarded to a new address. They are returned and a $5,000 fine is issued for failure to register. He will have to register FOR THE REST OF HIS LIFE.

My mind immediately contrasted this to the "punishment" the WT inflicts upon it's known molesters.( No privileges in the congregation) It struck me how truly dumb the WT arrangement is. They take extremely lightly, something that the goverment has determined is very serious.

I went on to tell my friend about the cover up of child molesters in the JW organization, and how they allow convicted molesters to go door to door as dateline showed. She was shocked.

Sadie

• mamashel
    mamashel

Sadie

How sad but true. Just another reminder for us not to trust just anyone who claims to be a good person. He certainly didnt get much time for the crime. My daughters offender got 15-25 and is in prison right now. She was 13 and he was 18. I hope he rots in prison. Thanks for sharing this story,

mamashel

• Silverleaf
    Silverleaf

Personally I don't think even the government does enough. They should tattoo a giant "L" on the guy's forehead for "LOSER" and make him wear that for the rest of his life.

But that's just me.

Silverleaf

• caligirl
    caligirl

IMO, offenders lose their rights to any compassion when they give in to the sick urge to assault a child (or anyone else for that matter). Sorry if I am coming off a bit unreasonable to some readers but watching the David Westerfield trial for the past several months knowing that all of that occurred less than 30 miles from my home and being a mother has me extremely wound about this subject in general. I am of the opinion that anyone who preys on a child loses any and all brownie points for any good deeds in their life. Personally, I think the Lorena Bobbitt method of punishment has definite possibilities in sex abuse cases! So, that said I will go finish my coffee and get to work.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit