Reliable source - new round of US Bethel layoffs coming soon

by sir82 37 Replies latest jw friends

• Ignoranceisbliss
    Ignoranceisbliss
    Sir82. Love your description. Blathering on about Guacomole recipes. That's great. Brought me a good laugh.
  • tim3l0rd
    tim3l0rd
    He has a piddling little minimum-wage 10 or 15 hour part time job somewhere, and daddy pays for pioneering ($25,000 Jeep, free gas & health insurance, free rent to live at home, free family vacations to Europe, etc.)

How is it that the R&F buy into the idea that everyone should pioneer. In almost every example I've seen, the pioneering/full-time service skips a generation. The pioneers/full-time servants are reliant on other people to continue living. Not everyone can pioneer or enter the full-time service and the org keep on running.

I'm not sure if the higher ups know this and press it because they know that those who can't will feel guilty and support them monetarily to assuage the guilt or truly buy into the idea that "Jehovah will provide" if the majority of JWs finally quit their job and pioneer. I've heard it said by a CO and at a convention that having everyone pioneer and reduced contributions would be a good problem to have and that Jehovah would provide.

• Hold Me-Thrill Me
    Hold Me-Thrill Me

Historically, with the exception of a highly valuable skill, most who apply for Bethel must be pioneers.

Of course, the fact that Jesus was baptized and received the holy spirit without first "pioneering" and that he called to himself disciples who were not in the full time service, conveniently escapes the notice of the little kings in charge at Bethel.

What Christ did and taught is not in their view that relevant if it contradicts their organizational traditions.

Frank

• respectful_observer
    respectful_observer
    ...and he rides around in a car 6 hours a day with middle aged women who blather on about menopause or guacamole recipes or some such.

Funniest thing I've read all day!

• Boeing Stratofortress
    Boeing Stratofortress
    He has a piddling little minimum-wage 10 or 15 hour part time job somewhere, and daddy pays for pioneering ($25,000 Jeep, free gas & health insurance, free rent to live at home, free family vacations to Europe, etc.)

Is daddy a JW too? Sounds like a well-traveled, possibly educated, man-of-world. Hence, you'd think some of it would rub off on junior. I sure as hell wouldn't let my son waste his youth driving Miss Daisy around town. F$ck that!

• sir82
    sir82

Is daddy a JW too?

Yep, JW elder, full-bore believer.

• TheListener
    TheListener

I wonder if the GB1.0 just let bethel get too full of people because they felt the end was coming any time and they wanted lots of well trained brothers to help manage the work in the new system?

GB1.0 didn't seem to be as business and media savvy as this new GB.

As cults go, it's like the org went from a mom and pop shop to a glitzy multi-national in the span of 3 years or less.

• rip van winkle
    rip van winkle

If the org were growing the business successfully they wouldn't need to downsize.

• steve2
    steve2

he rides around with middle aged "sisters" who are pioneering with him during the weekdays. He has a piddling little minimum-wage 10 or 15 hour part time job somewhere,

Sounds like me some 35 years ago. Are you sure he's not a closeted gay for whom Bethel would provide an excuse not to be married and have the double-benefit of getting lots of warm kudos from brothers and sisters.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Bethel branch offices must cost a packet to keep running and why keep paying for all these live-ins who need housekeepers and cooks and a laundry etcetc it just makes no bloody sense to keep as many as they do.

They will likely cull to the bone elsewhere and divert resources into the new WT Studios for their WT productions.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit