Restrictions

by ozziepost 31 Replies latest jw friends

• Scully
    Scully

Sometimes they won't tell you that you are on restrictions. You'll try to answer at the Watchtower study or Book Study, and even if yours is the only hand in the air, they'll ignore you. You're left to figure out why, because you haven't been told that you're on restrictions, or you just assume that you've done something horribly wrong that you can't fix.

The worst one that happened to me: Not being allowed to pass the emblems at the Memorial. I was suffering from debilitating depression at the time, and it took every ounce of energy I could muster to even show up. It was so obvious that the servers had been instructed to NOT allow me to pass the emblems, and it was probably one of the most cruel things they could have done to me in my state. I had come because I wanted to be reminded of Jehovah's love in providing Jesus as a ransom for everyone's sins, and being purposely left out like that it felt as though I was the worst person on the planet, with no hope of redemption. It drove me over the edge from being severely depressed to suicidal. The next morning I was so upset that I spent 24 hours in hospital under suicide watch.

That was the last Memorial I ever attended.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Dear Scully,

Your awakening seems rather like that experienced by Mrs Ozzie.

It was hard to go through at the time, but how glad we are now!

So, let us give thanks to the WTS, they did us a favour!! Without the hateful ways of cow-towing elders, we might have taken longer to see the truth about "the Troof".

Cheers, Ozzie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit