In memory of all those left behind to mourn

In memory of all the effort and good accomplished

In memory of the soldiers who went overseas

In memory of the families they left behind

In memory of the soldiers brought back to be buried

In memory of those wounded and maimed

In memory of those emotionally scarred

In memory of the old reality

In memory of that day.... one year ago... today.

Be safe. Remember that when people help people, the power of good grows. Add to the list.....

Lest We Forget........

Edited by - Mimilly on 11 September 2002 2:31:54

• RandomTask
    RandomTask

Amen to that,

thanks

• Joyzabel
    Joyzabel

Thank you Mimilly for honoring everyone who was affected and those who still are being affected by 9/11.

Such simple things have changed now.

At work the other day, one of the labor and delivery nurses that used to work at our hospital sent a picture of her new baby along with her account of her birth. Her hubby was shipped to Afghanistan and couldn't be with her for the delivery of their child, and you could see that pain it had on her to shoulder that responsiblity herself.

To me its the little things or moments that are profoundly changed but I do believe that good will out weigh the evil. And to express good to other humans is a simple goal in life.

Hugs,

j2bf

• Sentinel
    Sentinel

Mimilly and Joy,

I am sitting at my desk at work, and the radio is recounting what happened one year ago today. I remember my supervisor coming into my office and laughing, saying "some fool just flew his little plane into one of the WT Center Buildings". Only seconds later, did I hear the announcement of what really happened on my radio. Everyone gathered around. There would be minimal accomplishments that day. No one could consentrate.

I had the most unsettling feeling that morning. I remember thinking, "this can't be happening", and then the second plane hit, and tears began to fall from my eyes and I knew the great magnitude of what had occured. The Judges here in our Circuit Court were ordering special TV receivers to be put up, so they could get total communication. Within a few minutes, the Court was in "alert status", as the two buildings fell, and the Pentagon was hit. Because they kept saying on the news that a commercial airliner was circling our area here, we were frightened beyond belief. (Later we learned that this flight was the one that crashed in PA----so very close, so close.) Everyone said that this building would be just as safe as our homes. But, I kept thinking "no, there would be no safe place". They just didn't want us to panic.

We are only minutes from the Pentagon and Washington DC.

I thought that if we were hit I would never see my family again, and I tried to call my husband. He answered and no one in his office knew anything about this. Amazing. He told me it was probably a rumor, and I told him to gather everyone around and turn his radio on and be prepared to hear something horrible.

Later, he called me back and his voice was shaking. He said that our local government here was already in "Crisis Mode". Immediately, support personnel were being dispatched to the Pentagon, and others were headed to NY--Fire and Emergency wanted to do all they could.

On that day, everything changed and would never be the same again. A fear welled up inside me that is difficult to explain. The skies here, normally swelled with air traffic for the National, Dulles and Baltimore Airports were totally vacant. For days it stayed that way. Then I remember the morning they opened Dulles, I was in the parking lot of a grocery store, and when a large plane went over, everyone stopped dead in their tracks, and looked upward.

I sensed that we were getting the feelings that people had in WWII, when bombers ruled the skies in Europe and people were always on the alert for the unexpected.

This event was a real turning point for me personally. We lost many local people to the Pentagon destruction, as well as the family members of others who were working in the WTC. My daughter inlaw has family living right next to ground zero. They saw everything from a distance and were safe. It was very traumatic to be so close to so much destruction and loss of life and feel so helpless, so powerless.

During this past year, I finally resolved all my old issues with guilt and damage due to the affects of the WTBTS in my life, and I moved forward. In January, this year, I had an epiphany. I have spoken of this event in my posts elsewhere. I can tell you that I am definitely not the same person. I've changed for the better. No matter what happens in reality, with world situations and unforseen events, I hope to have the strength to carry on.

And, yet another anniversary marked this date. The suicide of my first husband in 1984.

Love and Light to All,

Sentinel/Karen

• worldly girl
    worldly girl

Good Morning everyone! Thank you all so much for sharing your thoughts. I doubt prior to this day many of us would get on a message board and share such personal thoughts and giref. My life too has changed, I appreciate things that I never did, and I see the world in a different light now. I no longer look at strangers as a threat or just another person, but I now look at them as people with families, dreams, hopes, aspirations, pain, grief, stress and love, I now see them as a fellow AMERICAN. I am but one person in this world, and I cannot change all evils in this world, although my heart wishes I could, but I know that I can change myself, and teach my child that although life may seem to go on forever, there is the chance that it may NOT. I will teach my child the pledge of allegiance, and what it means to be American. I will teach my child that although a person may have different lifestyle or beliefs, that never removes the common humanity that we all share. I will teach my child that acceptance and love will conquer all evils, and those evils that are out of our control, will be handled by a higher source, but that WE have an obligation to never judge or shun someone because of those evils, and to show love and compassion. I will teach my child to appreciate life and to live life everyday to it's fullest, and to always tell those in our lives how much we care for them. God Bless everyone, and God bless America.

WG

• jaccilynn
    jaccilynn

Last year at nearly this time, I thought Armageddon had started and that I was going to be distroyed. It was the most distraught I've ever felt in my entire life. So scared that I was living one of the last days of my life. But days went by. Weeks went by. A year has gone by. I've learned so much in the past year. I've changed so much. Changed my mind about things that were holding me back from being free in so many ways. This has been one of the hardest years of my life... but also the most liberating.

Please... respect everyone. Give out what you want to get back. It's the only way. It's the only way...

Peace of mind and love to all of you.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit