Captive virgins, polygamy and sex slaves: What marriage would look like if we actually followed the Bible

by Captain Schmideo2 17 Replies latest jw friends

• Hold Me-Thrill Me
    Hold Me-Thrill Me
    Did you read the rest of my post? Do you have a reply on that?
  • Divergent
    Divergent

I like this quote from the link:

But many who call themselves Bible believers are simply, congenitally conservative – meaning change-resistant. What really concerns them is protecting the status quo, an ancient hierarchy with privileged majority-culture straight males at the top, which they justify by invoking ancient texts.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Captain Schmineo - "What marriage would look like if we actually followed the Bible..."

...is reminiscent of the pre-Civil War South.

x

Hold Me-Thrill Me - "Would the men of the time bent their backs to such laws? No! They were not ready."

Some still aren't.

• DJS
    DJS
    But many who call themselves Bible believers are simply, congenitally conservative – meaning change-resistant. What really concerns them is protecting the status quo, an ancient hierarchy with privileged majority-culture straight males at the top, which they justify by invoking ancient texts.
    JK, I could have written that. Actually I did (not that one but one just like it). Thanks.
  • Doctor Who
    Doctor Who
    When are you guys going to learn that the old testament was fulfilled in the Christ. It is just used a reference. Only the new testament counts. Except when you need to condemn gays....or anything else you don't like. Sheesh! Get with the program....
  • Captain Schmideo2
    Captain Schmideo2

Some millenniums, he can be a right cranky bastard!

• snare&racket
    snare&racket
    It would look like Isis but with more bacon sandwiches
  • mana11
    mana11
    Sounds like ISIS

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit