Anti JW newspaper article

by Freenow 17 Replies latest jw friends

• Simon
    Simon

Welcome Freenow!
    Maybe if you posted the article or some quotes and some of the responses that you want to rebut it would help?
    I have found that exJWs are very helpful and tend to be the real caring christian types that the JWs should be.

• Freenow
    Freenow

Hi you all!
    Thank you for your interest in helping me. I will be submitting my newspaper article and negative responses to it very soon. If you are interested in replying to my article in our local newspaper please e-mail me and I will be more than glad to give you their e-mail address and phone #. I need your support. Thank you for your time in reading this.

Love,

• Disgusted
    Disgusted

You all Distgust me.

• Had Enough
    Had Enough

To DISGUSTED:

Are you really disgusted with us or are you just making a sarcastic comment in fun? Since this you have only posted here twice and said the same thing, I'm ASSUMING you are serious.

If you are, then tell us WHY are you disgusted? But please consider the following:

The things that are written about here for the most part are helpful, words of encouragement and enlightenment. Sometimes too, a little bit of fun and kidding is added to just add a little bit of levity to a serious situation out there.

Have you read many of the posts that ask intelligent questions on a Society teaching that conflicts with a logical understanding of the scripture it tries to use to back itself up?

Have you read any of the the heartbreaking stories of those who have experienced injustice in the orgaization and whose lives have been torn apart by the harshness of Society rules and the elders who enforce them?

Many have studied the scriptures deeply to find gross inconsistencies in the Society's teachings and post them here to help us all.

I could go on and on but for now, if you have a valid reason for your opinion, please share it with us and let us answer your thoughts.

I've been fooled for many years and now I've...

Had Enough

• Latte
    Latte

To Disgusted,

It seems that you could be truly disgusted!

I can imagine that if this is you FIRST time on the board, and that you are a very zealous JW, then you will be of the mind to expect faults, lies…..everything BAD from this board. BUT, I invite you to read as much as you can, check in the scriptures, check the societies publications, IF your present understanding is TRUTH then you have nothing to hold you back from such an investingation.

I was brought up in the truth, I have TWO young children. I felt that it was very important to MAKE SURE of what I was teaching them. I will give you a few of the reasons why I personally CANNOT teach my gorgeous children the JW doctrines.

1) When child asks 'when is the paradise coming? I tell them I DON'T know. Like others on the board we have lived through the disappointment of 1975. Also, I have come to realize that the 'society' has said that the end is coming MANY times. I believe this to be VERY presumptuous. You will find on this board information regarding these 'wolf calls' . You will also know of many scriptures where presumptuousness is very much warned against….think about it.
    2) How many thought that they would NOT grow old in this world? How do you think those back in 1918 felt, when they sat and listened to the "Millions Now Living Will NEVER Die" talk?? They are probably mostly DEAD!
    3) I do NOT want the same disappointment for my children.
    4) I personally feel HEARTBROKE that the FDS is NOT as it claims to be.
    Quote: W/T July 15th p.444 para.19.
    ****In 1942 the "Faithful and discreet slave" guided by Jehovah's unerring spirit ……****

The morals, and all other good things that the society embrace I still love, and always's will. I hope that you can be allowed to see that we are not all disgusting, we are human, and trying to live our life, as best we can.
    I hope that you stick around, even if you only say the same thing

There is much more that I could say to you, if you have children, you owe it to them to MAKE SURE of what you are teaching them.....surely, that's the least you can do for them.

Latte

(Sorry, for all the capitals, I can't get the bold to work )

• ICHING
    ICHING

• BadAssociate
    BadAssociate
    You all Distgust me.

said to a hi class low life like myself thats a compliment

thanks distgusted

BADASSOCIATE

BAD ASSOCIATES SPOIL USELESS HABITS.......LIKE BEING A WATCHTOWER SALESPERSON

• stephenw20
    stephenw20

Freenow,

"they only let me use 300 words and deleted the most important ones ofcourse. My problem is that I am now getting very negative responses to my article and I need you all to help me write something positive for us ex-jw's for a change."

they as in the newspaper?

who is the negative responses coming from?

something positive .....about who?

ok here is a start

god is love...the witness group beleives in god

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit