UN involvement/elders reply.

by Bosho 20 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• avengers
    avengers

I wrote a letter to the Dutch Branch Office here in the Netherlands. The answer I got was pre-chewed by Brooklyn.

It contains the same lies as all the other answers. Here's the link. It's an oldie.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.aspx?id=15511&site=3

• deddaisy
    deddaisy
    "Our purpose for registering with the DPI as an NGO in 1991 was to have access to research material on health, ecological, and social problems at the UNITED NATIONS LIBRARY FACILITIES." ----- The Watchtower Bible & Tract Society

I don't know which is more amazing, that the WTS ADMITTED to registering with the DPI, which is a PRINCIPAL ORGAN OF THE UNITED NATIONS, or that any members that learn of it accept an excuse from the WTS! (yea, honey, actually I had been sleeping with that whore that I've always claimed was the most revolting, disgusting, filthy, vile, lying, oozing, foul beast, but you see babe, I needed access to her great book collection. But I'm glad that someone brought it to my attention because, oh my, well I guess I still wouldn't know that I was sleeping with her.)

Even if the WTS's excuse was true, which we know it isn't, why in the world would God's earthly organization associate with the SCARLOT-COLORED WILD BEAST in order to gain access to books about issues that it claims only Jehovah is capable of ridding the world of anyway! i.e. health, ecological, and social problems! Isn't that what the WTS teaches, that man is uncapable of solving these problems!

and as for the DPI not really being a part of the UNITED NATIONS, which is what I heard from a JW relative, the UN has a nice organizational chart, "The Principal Organs Of The United Nations," which shows the six organs. The Secretariat organ is on the right of the chart, which the DPI is under. I printed the chart out and the visual aid speaks louder than words.

http://www.un.org/aboutun/chart.html

good for you Bosho bringing it to an elder's attention !

Edited by - deddaisy on 11 September 2002 20:11:48

• Bosho
    Bosho

Well thanks guys, for once again for being a whole lot quicker to talk to me than certain people!

Harold, thanks for your thread, I was sent there awhile back by different ones on this site and I found it helpful then, but this time I had loads more time to be able to browse in peace (I can only get online when my little girl is asleep) and some of your links are excellently helpfull... thanks a million.

I'm surprised (but by now I shouldn't be) how many people have written to them and recieved the standard reply. I would think that with this much expossure they'd have printed something in the magazines by now (Someone on a different thread referred to this sort of thing as "Damage control") I'm so surprised that they aren't doing some quick stepping to get out of it.

If this particular elder isn't there tonight I'm going to go ahead and write the letter by myself. Another point I'm going to raise seperatly is the scripture in 1 Pet 3v 15 (the footnote in the "Big Bible") I haven't found anyone who can answer it and all that happens is they shrug their shoulders and convieniently forget I asked them!

Deddaisy, your explanation cracked me up! I'm still grinning now, but how true, how true!

KAYTEE: I take it you haven't had a reply, or was the reply the standard one?

Has anyone here re-written them if they've recieved the standard reply? If so, what kind of come back did you get from them? I would love to know as it would help me write this letter.

I can't thank everyone here enough, if it hadn't been for all your hard work I would probably accepted the "library card" excuse and carried on as I was. At least this way I hope to preempt that excuse in the letter I'm going to write to them. ie... you don't need a pass to use their library so why did you... etc, etc (or words to that effect!)

Thanks again and hopefully I'll be posting their reply soon... :-) I can dream anyway!

• queer_reality
    queer_reality

Please take note of item # 3 regarding access to the U.N. libraries:

Edited by - queer_reality on 12 September 2002 11:54:36

• KAYTEE
    KAYTEE

Hello Bosho

We received a letter from the WT London yesterday regarding the Data Protection Act enquiry that we had made, asking for any data held about us. In their reply re Data, was a very condensed acknowledgment that they had received out letter (UN, Paedophilia, 607bce) they made no other comments, perhaps they will respond separately. The elders still have not shown any concern for the dillema that we feel.

• Bosho
    Bosho

Hi KAYTEE

I'm sorry about that for you. I find it hard to understand how they can just ignore the very real feelings of other people on this matter. Maybe they will respond directly...

Quiet Reality,

Thanks for adding that, I'll use it in my letter... pre-empt them just a little eh?

• queer_reality
    queer_reality

Bosho

You are very welcome. I rather hope they choke on it. Unfortunately, jws have lots of practice swallowing just about anything.

BTW, its queer reality (or queereality) -- not quiet reality.
    I have not often found reality to be all that quiet -- it is usually quite intrusive.

Edited by - queer_reality on 14 September 2002 13:42:10

• Bosho
    Bosho

queer reality

:-) Must have been a freudian slip about how the WBTS will be remaining "quiet with the reality" of truth!

So sorry! Who knows, maybe one day I'll learn to read!

• Nassau
    Nassau

One of these days I was shopping and came one "brother" and friend to say hello. Then he asked me about my activities in the Organisation, 'cause we haven't seen one each other for some years. When I asked him about the latest news about the WTC, he said he knows nothing at all about all those scandals!! He is a very active JW and he does know nothing about it!! When I told all the news I could see from his own face that he seriously doubted about my genuine aim to inform him. He told me he would call me back to send him by e-mail all the information. What happen since then? He never called me back because I think he was warned by the elders of his congregation not to speak to me any more! typical! very typical proceduer from the JWs.

I think if that written answer with the explanation on the UN-NGO scandal, from the Headquarters of the JWs, was translated into the Chinese language, should be like this:

• JBean
    JBean

For me, the UN involvement was really the last straw. I brought all this information up to my folks (STRONG JW's) and although they were disturbed by the information, their answer?
    "Wait on Jehovah to straighten everything out, he always does." and then the requisite: "Where else would we go? Who else has the TRUTH?" (gag.) I'm sure you'll find this reaction in 99.9% of any active JW you speak with. Sad really.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit