Drama at the RC

by leaving_quietly 16 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• stillin
    stillin
    The dramas are designed to toy with emotions. Since most of the lives of witnesses are colorless, emotions are mistaken for spiritual experiences.
  • leaving_quietly
    leaving_quietly
    an hour ago

First-Century synagogues had podiums?

Don't know. It's possible, I suppose. I have no issue with embellishing a bit with stuff like this where the detail isn't in the Bible account. But when the Bible describes is one way, and it's presented another, I tend to get a little annoyed.

• leaving_quietly
    leaving_quietly

The dramas are designed to toy with emotions

Yes, certainly. Even yours truly got a little teary-eyed in the drama with how they presented the woman with the flow of blood being healed. Of course, it was all set to music, and music has a powerful, powerful emotional effect.

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower
    The Governing Body totally lost it for sure. In their mind Jehovah's Witness Corporation was already up and running in the first century, or at least the adopted designation Jehovah Witness talk about blurring the lines of reality and fiction. Their minds are running on empty due to constant indoctrination and indoctrinating others. I hope they get a good psychiatrist or something because they are in deep doo doo.
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot

Brokeback WT - "...In their mind Jehovah's Witness Corporation was already up and running in the first century..."

Considering they've actually published art depicting First-Century Christians preaching door-to-door with bags of scrolls, is this really so surprising?

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

I thought they did a fairly decent job with it, except for the weird questions asked up front by an ancient guy asking "How do you know Jehovah's Witnesses have the truth?" That has absolutely NOTHING to do with how he was convinced Jesus was the Messiah. But, I digress...

Not to mention that the name Jehovah's Witnesses wasn't adopted until the 20th century. Why would someone playing the part of a Bible Character use that name ?

Where was the RC you were at (if it is okay to tell me)?

Tacoma, Washington, USA

P.S I live about a half hour from the Tacoma Dome....you ?

• pixel
    pixel

The JWs have their own version of Jesus, so as far as they are concern, they can do whatever they one with him.

It's a cult, what do you expect?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit