Passive Resistence ... 10 Step Program

by Amazing 20 Replies latest jw friends

• Amazing
    Amazing

Hi Guanash: You ask a good question,

What I wonder is: can they disfellowship me for stopping the attendance immediately after my reinstatement? What could they do, apart from being a terrible nuisance?

Yes, the Elders "can" re-Disfellowship a person who stops attending meetings and failing to go out in Service shortly after reinstatment. The reason is that they can say that the reinstated person is "lacking works that befit repentance." So, I would personally attend meetings for a while, and go out in Service once or twice a month ... and turn in time ... then in about 6 months start the slow fading process. The Elders in every congregation will not necessarily re-Disfellowship for lacks works that befit repentance, but you never know ...

Btw: I am going to make a separate post out of this question because some might wonder about the same thing, and may not have reead this. Thanks for the good question.

• amac
    amac

Larc said:

I said that I didn't want to discuss it, because I didn't want to stumble her
    I've done something similar in saying that my issues were not encouraging so they were not something I wanted to talk about freely, but that I needed to sort out personally.
  • guanash
    guanash

Thank you very much for the answers.

Oh my... having to attend for months after reinstatement! One thing is going to the meetings, where I dont know anyone, so what the heck, and I dont have to treat anyone... but socializing! eeek. Their close society makes me phobic. They suffocate me.

Oh, Amazing! Thank you for warning me. Man! I cant believe they can actually redisfellowship you. Although I feared some secret move they could apply for these cases.

I have to introduce myself properly. Im visiting my family right now, so, Ive to be quick when I visit this site. But Ill do so one of these days, what I want to tell you now is that: I RESPECT YOUR MINDS. THE "AIR" HERE IS GOOD.

THANK YOU ALL.

• JustUs
    JustUs

I have a family member (brother) who is a missionary, as well as many friends who continually ask why my wife and I no longer attend the meetings. Here is how I stop their loving (annoying, meddlesome,suspicious, "can't wait to tell someone else what I found out") concern........I lie! (The society calls it "Theocratic War Strategy" see 5/1/57 WT pg.285) I simply tell anyone asking, that I am currently writing the Society, and corresponding with a brother in the department that handles "personal, sensitive questions" and he ( The Society) has advised me not to discuss the nature of my concerns with anyone else in the congregation. Then I mention to the inquiring person that I have no choice but to respect the Societys wishes, as should they, and not discuss this matter with them! I mention that I've probably said too much already, and ask them to please remain quiet about the matter . (This of course means they will tell everyone they know, what I said, but I'll never hear about it because it's gossip...about me and they won't want their name attached to it!) If someone, (like my missionary brother did) asks you who it is you are corresponding with at headquarters, simply respond with "I'd rather not say.....I feel like I've broken my promise already to Brooklyn, and said too much" This will usually stop the questions and make the inquiring person feel they need to back off, and not "stumble" you. Try it....it works!

By the way....the reason I even bother going to this trouble is not because of my brother, or friends, or anything other than the fact that I have a son, who lives with his mother, and is very active with the Witnesses. It would devastate him and me if I were DF'd as he would feel obligated to "obey" the organizations guidelines and shun me for the rest of my life if necessary. So in effect I am a hostage to this God forsaken group known as Jehovah's Witnesses. Thanks for listening, and I hope this post helps someone else with their problem.

• Englishman
    Englishman

JustUs,

That is brilliant strategy. Hope you get to see your son more often.

Regards,

Englishman.

• Sentinel
    Sentinel

My husband, seeing the torment I have endured by being shunned, suggested to me that I should just go back long enough to get reinstated and then just fade away. Aside from being repulsed at the very suggestion, even though it might mean renewed relationships with loved ones, I could not live a lie. I couldn't not misrepresent myself. I would not want to be seen going to any meetings, no matter how brief the time.

As I recall, it took me one full year of cowering and begging in order to be considered for reinstatement. They made it very difficult for me. I had to attend every single meeting, and sit in the back with my small baby, who was not to utter a sound, or I would be bannished from view to the bowels of the building. When they finally announced my reinstatement, everyone cheered. No one normal likes that type of inhumane treatment, but they go along with it, out of fear that it might happen to them if they don't submit to the authority of the borg.

I think I would become very ill if I were to ever go back. It is just an unthinkable things for me to even consider, I don't care about any of the positive relationship renewals.

Nope, won't play their game. Just can't.

Sentinel

• Farkel
    Farkel

Amazing,

For those who don't have that kind of patience (like me) I herewith present the Farkel ONE step program:

1. Tell them to shove it where the sun don't shine.

With this streamlined approach, you haven't caused any dissensions, you haven't questioned their ever-so-wonderful GB and you certainly haven't given them any proof of apostasy. The downside of this approach if enough people use will be "new light" stating that telling a dub to "shove it" is a Bible-Based reason for a DF.

Farkel

Edited by - Farkel on 10 September 2002 14:53:1

• Gerard
    Gerard

Dear Amazing,

What about reinstatement followed by a swift change of address -within the same city- and keeping one's name unlisted from the phone pages?

Thank you,

Gerard

• waiting
    waiting

Hello Sentinel,

I'm so sorry for the pain you had to go through. A year's a loooooong time, especially trying to keep a baby quiet. I remember trying to sit through meetings with the baby constantly moving.

Seeing that you were df'd - did any of the brothers or sisters ever help you with your baby? Afterall, the baby wasn't df'd.

waiting

• MegaDude
    MegaDude

The steps are well and good if you don't want to be DF'd. But how can any former JW keep quiet? I mean, most of us have family or friends in it that will need or want an explanation. I, for one, could not go quietly. Mainly because I was so outraged by the blatant lies that had knowingly been fed me for so long. However, the above steps do work if you decide you don't want to be labeled. I would add, "Don't attend an apostofest because you might get your picture taken."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit