Seeking advice on official DA

by Bridgette 18 Replies latest jw friends

• JT
    JT

DAing is one of the Societies last Kick you in the A$$ on the way out tools in my view.

one of the most important things the org must do is "Label"

you -

somone awhile back produced a list with over 200 titles that the org can bestow on a member

Weak

inactive

strong

pillar in the congo

elder

aux pioi

regular pio

special pio

Special full-time service

and how many of you have heard of this one

"Pioneer Infirmed List"

if you have been pioneering say 30-50-yrs and your health will not let you get your 90 oops i meant 70hours then the elders and co can request if the service dept put you on the pioneer infirmed list

this you can keep you flunky title and turn in 2hours-smile

When you consider how much they "Dicked" around with our lives - we should tell folks that we are Elders and at the same time be smoking a cigar, can you imagine how bad we could make local jw look

smile

but seriously i would never advise sending in a letter

yes if you have knew that this listat least

• outoftheorg
    outoftheorg

In my opinion.

Meta and Francois are right on target. They stated exactly what I would of. It looks like others here agree with them also.

You are to be commended on your commitment to your aged mother. You have my respect and the respect of others on this issue.

Outoftheorg

• Prisila
    Prisila

GET IT OVER WITH DA yourself!!!! I'm in the same position (with my mom) and this is my opinion:

If you don't DA you will always be in fear. If I celebrate my birthday, If I decorate my house with x-mas lights, if some JW hears me swear, if they question my new attitude . . .

and for arguments sake if you get caught... you owe no explanation, right????? True!! But if you get called into a judicial proceeding and fail to explain, YOUR SCREWED!!!! You will be DF'd.

NO THANKS!!!! I rather go out on my terms. I'm NOT going down like that. Unless you live in a new area where no JW knows you. I rather QUIT than be FIRED!!!!

• SYN
    SYN

Prisila: I disagree. Being a Dub is not like a career. YOU decide whether you want to be a Dub or not - not someone in an Ivory Tower. If they even so much as whisper something about you to ANYBODY, a prompt lawyer's letter is in order. Tie them down, baby! Stop them from using you as a mental football!

• RunningMan
    RunningMan

I agree with Syn. It's not a matter of quitting or being fired. It's a matter of not recognizing their ability to control you.

I don't recognize their authority. They can't fire me. If they do, they are just pissing into the wind. Their words are meaningless.

They're like a child playing a game. Ignore them.

• larc
    larc

Prisilla, I also disagree. There is no reason to live in fear. People should just do what they want. You stand a very good chance of never being touched by them, and if they do DF you, so what? I so no reason to force the issue by sending a DA letter. All that does is put a relationship with a mother at risk. I faded and it worked very well for me.

• Sentinel
    Sentinel

Hi,

Well, if she's anything at all like my mother, it won't matter to her that nothing was official done. She will either decide that she can associate with you, or the relationship will be over due to your decision.

You have a right to be honest with yourself and with her. If she cannot accept you and shuns you because you have been truthful with her, then it is certainly her loss.

I don't mean to sound cut and dry. I just got off the phone with the only remaining elder person in my immediately family that I feel really cares about me. She is my 85 year old Aunt. We have always been close. She always keeps up on the JW''s but has no interest whatsoever in their teachings. She thinks they are a cult. When they come to her door, she is the one confronting them about their beliefs, especially about the rejection and shunning.

She kept up on things, because she knew that mom was raising us as little JDubs years ago, and she said she never gave up hope that we would find our own way. She reminded me that we cannot choose our family. We can choose our friends. We just have to try to reach out to family that will accept us, and if some don't want to associate with us, whether it be over the JW's or whatever, just accept it and go make some good friends. You cannot live in fear of whether or not someone is going to respond to a phone call or a greeting. Get the facts, set the rules and move on.

This must be so difficult for you. Take care of yourself. It sounds like you are a very loving person.

Love and Light,

Sentinel/Karen

• neyank
    neyank

I agree with Metatron.

"Don't play their game. Don't cooperate with their
    sick system of repression. Don't DA yourself."

It's playing by their rules to DA yourself.

Of course it's your decision but if you ask me, and you kind of did by bringing this up on the board, the DA deal is just something the WTS would like members who no longer agree with them to do to make their (the WTS) job easier to have their members ignore, shun and otherwise treat as dead the ones who DA themselves.

What better way can the WTS have to ensure that their followers completely cut off those that don't agree with the WTS?

This way, any reasonable argument you may have about the WTS, any disagreement and any question you may have will fall on deaf ears.

Why play by their rules?

Do you agree that the WTS does not speak for God?

Do you agree that they are a man made and man run orginization?

Do you agree that their 5 meetings a week was nothing more than sales meetings to teach their free labor how to sell, place or anything you wish to call it, thier magazines?

Do you agree that they use fear tactics to control their followers?

If you agree with these things, you have already DA'd yourself in your heart.

You'll only make their job easier by putting it on paper.

neyank

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

In the past I have always posted in favor of DA, but, in all honesty, I'm having some second thoughts about it. I DA'd to make a statement, to shake people up, but in retrospect, I think this was foolishness on my part. So far, no one has called me to tell me that my example helped them to get out. (plbbt JT! You were right my friend) All my DA'ing did was give them license to slander me mercilessly among themselves, one of their favorite pastimes.

I don't see any reason to DA if you can do a successful fade. Don't let them put a label on you. Just enjoy your freedom from those idiots! Disassociation is a recognition of their authority.

If they come after you, Amazing just posted about Passive Resistance.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.aspx?id=36328&site=3

I'll end with a quote:

"Silence is the most perfect expression of scorn" - George Bernard Shaw.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit