Just The 2 Of Us.

by Englishman 20 Replies latest jw friends

• Englishman
    Englishman

Number 1 Son is in Australia.

Number 2 Son has a career, and next week moves into his own flat.

Number 3 Son leaves for Uni at the end of the month.

Our parenting days are coming to an end. It's a strange feeling. Some excitement at the freedom, some sadness.

I'll keep you posted.

Englishman.

• expatbrit
    expatbrit

WOW! Time to start having sex again!

Expatbrit

• Mimilly
    Mimilly

Ahhh Eman - Once a parent ALWAYS a parent

They may be out of the house, but they may still come back.... /ducks and runs

hugs,

Mimilly

• Dutchie
    Dutchie
    some sadness

Really? I love my kids but I can't wait to experience the freedom.

No cooking, no shopping, no worrying about school grades, no school plays, no meetings with teachers, etc., etc., etc.

• JeffT
    JeffT

We're in the same boat. We moved our youngest into his own apartment last weekend. With some things going on at work (Debbie's school started up today) we haven't had time to notice. Besides his band is still practicing at our house. But aren't ever done. As a friend of mine said when his youngest left home "now I'm at the stage where they send home invoices and I write checks."

• Englishman
    Englishman

WOW! Time to start having sex again !

Ex-Pat, I don't mind, as long as it's my mind that she loves..Ha ha.

Ahhh Eman - Once a parent ALWAYS a parent

Mimilly,

I know, Number 2 son went to uni and then came home!

I love my kids but I can't wait to experience the freedom.

Ah yes, freedom! Freedom to take a pee in the night without having to put on a dressing gown. Freedom to make a noise..

Englishman.

• Mimilly
    Mimilly

Dutchie - This is the first year that I have not had to purchase school supplies. My youngest graduated High School this past June. I did not miss the back to school rush at all.

My girls both live with me, but basically have their own lives. There's no more groundings and the like, but now they are getting a taste of what the real world is like. They are helping run the house in every way. By doing this, it will help them when they do spread their wings.

I remember thinking that when my girls finished school that it would get easier. No. Parenthood is a lifelong career. Kids, no matter how old, will always turn to parents for advice - if they are close to their parents that is. Each stage has its own problems. Parents will always have some reason to worry.

My girls and I are very close. We are always checking in with each other (safety rule). And even when they move out, we will be connected at the ears.

And a mom's heart is always open

Mimilly

• ThiChi
    ThiChi

Hey, you got more time at the Pub and new places to visit! Its their turn to give up a little room&board!

• SYN
    SYN

Englishman, it is nice to be able to converse on an equal footing with someone who is more than old enough to be my father!

• Dutchie
    Dutchie

Hi Mim,

Ah yes, school supplies. And don't forget new shoes. I tell my kids that have perfectly good shoes and clothes that they can wear and they look at me agast! No, no, they cry. They have to have new shoes and clothes. New bookbags when the old ones are perfectly usable.

Is it any wonder that I have a new gray hair?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit