If rich, what would you do?

by larc 42 Replies latest jw friends

• CC Ryder
    CC Ryder

Tink and I have talked alot about this as we play Ky Powerball often. If we get rich, we would give all our siblings money and a few friends also. Pay all our bills. Put a bunch into a money bearing account and live off the interest, buy new cars, start a wood working shop as a hobby, go on vacations.

Also Silentlambs would not have to worry about finances any longer.

CC

• GentlyFeral
    GentlyFeral

TTboy said:

I think those who answered they want the things money can't buy have the right idea.

I agree, but I already have just about every good thing money can't buy. I'm one of those lucky people whose remaining problems can all be solved, or greatly improved, by money. Including – no, especially – medical problems. You try treating diabetes and tendonitis without access to a doctor!

Well, that's another rant for another day. If I had more money than I knew what to do with, I'd:

• Buy really elaborate medical insurance.
    • Move out of this trailer into a nice big house, which, of course, I'd have to furnish from scratch. I'd buy furniture from the fine people at the Humboldt Woodworkers' Guild, for starters.
    • Possibly refurbish said trailer and give it to a homeless person.
    • Hm, while we're at it, make a hobby habit of buying good sound trailers and donating them to social service organizations, for homeless people "on the mend" to move into. Buy one every year or two, depending on the size of the bank balance.
    • And, hey, adopt one of those social service organizations and make sure it isn't hamstrung by poverty.
    • Fund my family's art projects, which are numerous and substantial.
    • Continue buying pretty toys, only on a much larger scale. So far I collect jewelery, books and music and carnival glass. I'd also like to collect majolica, fine writing instruments, pashmina shawls, and perhaps really really good cookware.
    • Every Christmas or friend's birthday, I'd go through my collection and give away really cool stuff that needed a new home.
    • Oh, yeah, and everything everybody else suggested. Or subsidize other people's dreams.
    • Make sure my sister gets a big wad of cash when I die. And some antiques. Lalique, anyone?

gently feral

• larc
    larc

I want to thank all of you for your comments. I asked this very question to myself early in life and the question and its answer gave my life some direction. No, I never became rich, but asking the question helped me understand what was really important to me. I hope this experience here did the same for you.

God bless you, all of my friends.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit