JW Properties - if sold who does the money go to

by KAYTEE 19 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• KAYTEE
    KAYTEE

If any new projects are built i.e. Kingdom Halls, Assembly Halls etc. If these were to be sold for any reason, where would the profits go to. Bearing in mind that the labour has in many cases been given free of charge, and again as in my previous post, is there not a tax liability on such transactions?

• SYN
    SYN

Well, the Tower owns them already, so isn't it obvious? Straight into Bethel's pockets, that's where!

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Not quite, SYN, but almost!

The Society has established separate legal entities to have ownership of the properties.

Here in Oz, it's an incorporated body known as "Jehovah's Witnesses Congregations".

If a property is sold, the Branch Office has the say as to where the proceeds are directed.

Cheers, Ozzie

• RR
    RR

I believe the same goes here in the USA. I forget the exact name of the organization. But the Society has a corp dedicated to building and property.

You know the more I research it, the more I see the Catholic Church and their archdiocese

• KAYTEE
    KAYTEE

Thanks to Syn, Ozzie and RR for that info. I have been reading about all of the different corporations of the WT so this seems to tie in.

By the way - how do I get to be an emperor class or even a Jedi ? :)

• ErieGuy
    ErieGuy
    By the way - how do I get to be an emperor class or even a Jedi ? :)

By NOT creating a new identity every week.

• KAYTEE
    KAYTEE

Hey ErieGuy,

This was a flippant remark by a very new Newbie, seriously, today was the very first time that I have posted. My wife "Twinkletoes" has posted a few since July and has tried to get me to go on-line and today she succeeded. I haven't been on before, using any other name!!

• Farkel
    Farkel

RR,

: I forget the exact name of the organization. But the Society has a corp dedicated to building and property.

I believe it's called "Jehovah's Christian Congregation of Money Laundering."

Farkel

• SYN
    SYN

KAYTEE: Most people find that wearing nappies and not leaving your computer for a few dozen months is all they need to reach Emperor! However, a few who have those dastardly "jobs" are forced to curtail the number of posts they make! Another handy hint is to learn how to type at 80 WPM - that definitely helps! However, even the most enthusiastic of posters is limited by Simon to a minimum period of 50 days to reach Emperor - that is, if you can find enough threads to write one-liner replies to 40 times a day! LOL!

PS, it also helps to use the phrases LOL, OMG, WTF, and ROFLMFAO a lot - they compress a lot of "script-kiddie style" into one bling-filled acronym, my friend! OMG LOL WTF! See, wasn't that effective?

[SYN], Bouncy & Cheerful After Way Too Much Coke Class.

PPS, what helps even more is if you invent an entirely arbitrary and preferably topic-orientated and extremely sarcastic "Class" for yourself at the end of every post!

[SYN], of the Damn, Two Classes Created In One Post Class!

• QUEENIE
    QUEENIE

the money sure does not go in my pockets that is for damn sure..SINCERELY YOURS, your average heathenistic, demonized, bad association. apostate from HELL..QUEENIE aka LINDA LOU and crew

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit