How to help a friend?

by City Fan 12 Replies latest jw friends

• larc
    larc

It seems to me that you have to do the right thing, which is to innoculate your friend from the Witness influence, no matter the consequences for yourself. I agree with those who say you should do it in small does, as particular issues come up.

I think that giving him Ray's book may be too much input at this point, but may be quite useful later. When particular topics come up, you might refer him to a relevant website, such as FreeMinds, Watchtower Observer, SilentLambs, or this discussion group.

• Swan
    Swan

Another approach would be to use his interest in medicine. Don't overtly come out against the witnesses, but rather ask him questions and let him research the answers. Or hand him some of the material that you found on vaccinations and transplants and ask him for his opinion. Say that you have wondered what you would do from a conscience standpoint if these situations ever came up in your medical future and that you want to be prepared. Ask him to help you find the research that supports that vaccinations will lead to immorality, that heart transplants can cause drastic personality changes, etc. Ask him if he feels that aluminum is really safe and if they use it in his hospital. Put the onus on him to answer these questions and he will soon find himself trying to justify these conflicts between science and the WT in his own mind.

Tammy

• larc
    larc

Swan, I think that the issues you raise are from old literature, and as you know, they have reversed themselves on these. If he showed this to a JW, they would just blow it off as "old light." Of course, the quotes on this stuff would show the medical foolishness found in WT history.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit