Big Boys Don't Cry........

by ISP 24 Replies latest jw friends

• ISP
    ISP

Hi Somebody, when did your husband's father pass away? I wonder if he is concerned with the 'what-ifs' like Larc suggested. He may have some regrets now with regard to his father that he finds hard to deal with. Age probably is a causative factor. I have feelings of unease at 36. I see the landscape changing. You breeze through life in your teens and early twenties. Death is something that happens generally to those that you do not know so well at that age. Gradually the spectre gets closer to home , grand-parents then your own parents. In time you are centre stage yourself. The good thing, if you can call it that, is that there is usually time for you and your loved ones to get used to the idea.

ISP

• somebody
    somebody

Thanks, larc and ISP.

My husband's dad passed away 2 years ago. I don't see anything wrong with men ctying, it's a human emotion. I was just amazed at "what" moves different men to tears. Like I said, when my husband got fired for ma job he had ( that was years ago ), he cried. When he lost his dad, he didn't. That just amazes me.

Now it's different, he cries for no reason. It could be the "what ifs". He won't say. I've tried getting him to tell his doctor about it, but he refuses to. He won't post here either, larc. he makes fun of me because I do.

thank you both for your thoughts.

peace,
    somebody

• waiting
    waiting

hey somebody,

A brother in our cong. was having problems with depression for a long time. Dr. put him on Prozac which caused other sexually physical problems. He quit the Prozac. We used to talk some because I was on Prozac also.

He stopped going to meetings before I did, several years. But his wife spent her life worrying about him - reacting off his reactions. And she made herself miserable.

I'm glad you have the computer as an outlet. With that red hair, I'm sure you have friends in *real* life also. Well, along with your personality, eh?

Take care.

waiting

• battman
    battman

Hi somebody,
    i am a 54yo "boy" who has been crying a lot the last five
    years, mainly due to wife being unable to "forgive" and to
    say "i love you". it all became a business relationship.
    she is still "strong" in "the truth" where by a whispering
    campagain i am considered "bad ASSociation. such love!
    esp. when i put heart soul and my entire being to work
    whole soled for J. i am getting better but it has taken
    a serious effort.

men/boys do need "time alone" (see Men are from Mars)
    and maybe since he could expect/forsee his Dad's death
    he had resloved that issue in advance. Getting fired from
    a job is a huge assault on one's very basic ID as a person.

i do not feel it is possible to change another, just tell him
    you love him and be there for him. as i have said before

when the student is ready the teacher appears.

love to all, i often almost start to cry when i read some of
    the heartfelt posts, maybe when i go to bed tonite.

battman

• Undecided
    Undecided

Hi All,

I have developed a tendency to cry lately. I don't boho but will get teary eyed at little things, usually concerning kids. I can think of something happening to my kids and it will make me get teary eyed. My grand daughter was in a car ahead of us at a traffic light, she blew us a kiss and it made me cry. I can see a movie about kids having to leave a parent or something similar and I will cry.

I have no idea why I started this, but maybe because my youngest daughter got married and left home about a year ago. We are very close, and I miss her so much, maybe this is the reason as I am about to shed a few tears just thinking of her now. She should be by here in a few minutes, I will give her a big hug, that should make me feel better.

I don't cry freely in front of others, I can control it somewhat, I guess it is a man thing.

Regards,

Ken P.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit