Well isn't this a bunch of BS

by Doctor Who 39 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Doctor Who
    Doctor Who

Well, our sister congregation just had their CO visit this past week. On Saturday afternoon, I was talking to a couple of Ministerial Servants in that congregation and they stated that an unmarried brother is not fulfilling to the max what Jehovah wants of us. They stated that the CO went on a tirade that if you are unmarried you are being selfish and not following what Jehovah wanted for mankind since he created Eve as a compliment for the man. I was like, WTF! I went on and said that maybe that is why Paul had all those problems! Jehovah wasn't happy with him. Those two zombies just nodded their heads in approval.

Now, I know they came to me because I am a vocal, happy single person. I have been known to make a sarcastic statement to brothers I know that are in a loveless marriage. But are they serious? Do you think the Society is going to try to push single brothers into marriage? In a way I can see this. In another, they may have just got the info all wrong. All I know is that we don't have his visit till the end of July. I was going to step down before then, but damn....I want to hear this first hand! LOL!!!

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?
    The only possible explanation is they want to produce more little drones.
  • konceptual99
    konceptual99
    This seems a turnaround from the "Responsible Childbearing In The Time Of The End" talks of the 70s and 80s...
  • DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

There are too many single sisters (dogs) who need a Christian mate.

Doc

• John Aquila
    John Aquila

You should ask them if polygamy is OK!

• Barrold Bonds
    Barrold Bonds
    That makes no sense at all. Sounds like a CO unsurprisingly pushing his own agenda
  • Scully
    Scully
    Or maybe they're trying to flush out the closeted gays....?
  • Oogie
    Oogie
    Yup, they need more little Caleb and Sophia's running around giving their ice cream money away to the bOrg.
  • oppostate
    oppostate

So Paul's words saying it's best to remain single and not be troubled with family duties, unless your physical need for intimacy with the opposite sex is too tempting--that counsel was inaccurate--maybe old light?

The WT is quite "brazen" in changing their doctrines, they are blown this way and that by whatever benefits them.

• DarioKehl
    DarioKehl

Who is the CO? What area is this? On the off chance it's the CO in my city, I will attend this talk and make a gigantic scene when he says that. If true, it is utterly ridiculous.

selfish? Fuck you, asshole.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit