There is No Reason to be Afraid!! ( of Freedom )

by kairos 11 Replies latest jw friends

• kairos
    kairos

Just reflecting.

Yes, losing what I thought was the best way of life and moving on was the right decision.

--

In this case, the grass actually is greener,
    outside the JWs

--

Do your own research. Prove to yourself that we were taught lies and were made to teach it to others. Attach more value to your one and only life and act accordingly.

• Je.suis.oisif
    Je.suis.oisif

kairos, thanks for bumping this thread. I'm in the 10th month of my fade. I'm growing as a person in my freedom. I no longer go out in fear of meeting up with those in my congn. I have a more enlightened, less judgemental relationship with my family. I don't live in fear of Armageddon, or going to prison/being tortured for the "sake of the good news". Last week I proved to myself I can converse well with strangers without having to discuss "the good news of the kingdom".

LisaRose, I agree that it's good to be in a healthier marraige/relationship without the bad advice from the org. In fact, after 32yrs of being a JW, my brother on hearing I'd walked said to me " I hope XXX doesn't put up with the emotional crap now that you've left, to the same extent he endured when you were in".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit