Great Goin Grits!

by Country Girl 1 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

Like we say in Texas "YAHOOOOO!"

What a great post. I loved reading all the details.. glad you got your media coverage! Sounds like you had a phenomenal amount of media folks there. Yer one courageous cowboy.. hehehh. You and Bro. W, wife, and child. Glad everything went so well.. and I can see you are on a high like the rest of us.

Country Girl

• abbagail
    abbagail

Hey Hey Heeeey CountryGirl! Thanks mucho gracias for the "verbal hug"! Sorry for my delay in replying. I crashed and died last night after finally getting to post the long-winded story of what happened yesterday in ORLANDO: http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.aspx?id=36099&site=3 (I'm glad you mentioned you enjoyed all the details. Sometimes I tend to ramble on...and on... and on...) ;-)

Why thankya Ma'am! Glad to be included as one of the SL cowboys! EeeeeHAW! I'm sending links to all these posts to Bro W so he can see whaaas up here at J-W.com. He had to go back to work today, so maybe he'll have time to read all this over the weekend.

And, yaw maaan, you got it right about being on a high! It really was a thrill! I think the great feeling came from not only just being there as part of this monumental event, but it was overcoming my scaredy-cat hesitation to be in the public eye (even though my heart has been with SL since I first learned about it), I was a little chicken about actually be out there around reporters, etc. (I was so moved by Bro W's determination when speaking to him on the phone the night before the press conference. I thought, What is MY problem? This guy's STILL a JW and he's willing to be out there!) But now that we have jumped that hurdle (of being in the public eye locally), next time should be a breeze. I think it was jumping that hurdle that made for the ecstatic feeling in addition to the excitement of Bro W (I was sooo proud of him!) and actually having several reporters show up, etc. etc. So from here on in, it is FORWARD HO!

I am really disappointed that it did not make the Fox News last night. And I don't know that anything was put in the Orlando Sentinel either. I haven't heard from Bro W or the reporters. I want to write the reporters and ask but I need some guidance on how these things work.

Thanks again CG!!!

Hugs/Grits

Edited by - Grits on 6 September 2002 12:32:52

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit