Did you get anyone into the Borg?

by FiveShadows 11 Replies latest jw friends

• FiveShadows
    FiveShadows

I am fortunate enough to say "no." I tried very hard to get people to come to meetings and assemblies...and during it all i was bored out of my mind and had a voice in my heart keep saying "what if what you think is the 'Truth' is not really the "Truth" and you stand before the Throne to be judged? Would these people take your place and die for you because you believed in them and not Jah?" and Here i was desperately trying to get people to come to the meetings. I know in my congregation people weren't as friendly as congregations in the middle east were. I grew up in Cali so things were different. Few brothers and sisters (number of 4 actually) were polite and loving...but now they probably don't care.. Any experiences? ~FS

• stichione
    stichione

I must have put thousands of hours in the preaching work over the last 20 years. Thanks be to Jesus I didn't screw anyone!

• Quotes
    Quotes

No, I never got anyone in!

Like jjrizo, I have heard that my website has helped some to get out. "And that's a good thing"

• RR
    RR

Yep and when I left, I took them ALL with me! It was a family, we studied with, today they are Seventh-day Adventist! Oh well!

Edited by - RR on 6 September 2002 0:19:34

• musky
    musky

Probably , if we went in service, talked to our families or people at work, theres a good chance we led some to be witnesses, even though we may not have known it. But I do feel that if we believed we were helping others, then we won't be judged harshly before the throne. Just the opposite I think. Nobodys perfect on this earth.

• Swan
    Swan

No and thank goodness I don't have that on my conscience too! I still feel very badly for all the people I tried to "help" into the truth, or to be a better "publisher", or the elder's kids that I studied with. My sister-in-law's sister was deeply depressed and I picked up on it (later I learned of child abuse in her past). She and her two small babies died under suspicious circumstances and I always felt I should have done more to reach out to her and just listen. I once helped a brother develop a computer program to track publisher hours (back when they first came out and there were no restrictions from the WTBTS about using computers). I also shunned people who were DF and DA and I feel guilty about that. I also contributed lots of time and money to the WTBTS which they have used to other's detriment, I'm sure.

Forgiving myself is one of the hardest things to do, but I keep working on it.

Tammy

• rocky220
    rocky220

I just like Five-Shadows, am fortunate not to have guilt and anguish as to have brought a soul in, to no telling what disappointments, may have had later just like me......as it is, I'm patiently waiting for my mother to wake up from her dream [denial] state.......rocky220

• dsgal
    dsgal

I use to get frustrated because I had not brought anybody in.Now I'm glad I didn't.

• The_Bad_Seed
    The_Bad_Seed

Nope, have taken a few people out though....

• bad_associashun
    bad_associashun

Yes, as a good lil pionner I was often carting new ones to the meetings, Memorial, circuit assemblies... even helped a few get baptized.

Breaking ALL the rules I took a special interest in the abandoned & broken spirited who were marked & cast out of the approved status of 'good association' assisting them to rebuild their faith and return to Jehovah... yes even df'd ones.

rachel

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit