Cars for Service

by freedom96 15 Replies latest jw friends

• musky
    musky

CC, That is hard to believe that the circuit overseer would actually have the guts to get in someone elses car and turn the radio on, and make judgments.That would piss me off big time. Maybe next time he will go to a brother or sisters house and have a look around when theyre not there. Maybe check to see if theres anything ungodly around.

• Jourles
    Jourles

My wife and I bought a certain sedan a few years back for its reliability and resale value(take your pick of the remaining 3 or 4 cars in the world). The vehicle was primarily for the wife as I already had a company vehicle. Wouldn't you know it, she ends up being the designated driver while she was pioneering as the other pioneer's were quite poor and had beaters for cars. Plus, she wanted the 4-door over the 2-door coupe that I wanted simply because of service reasons(we had a big argument over the 2-door vs. the 4-door, I lost). Anyways, to make a long story short, she racked up over 60k miles in about a year and a half's time; we're pushing the century mark now. Needless to say, the resale value today has plummeted greatly compared to a similar vehicle with lower mileage.

It's too bad that the SUV that we are looking at does not come in a two door version. I would go out and buy it without her knowing I did and make her tough it out. Although, she is not a pioneer anymore and the hall that we are in has plenty of Caddie's in the lot. I have yet to ride in one for service.

• Jourles
    Jourles

I would love to have the CO get into my car right now. I believe the last song I heard playing from my CD player was Pistol Grip Pump by Rage Against the Machine.

• buffalosrfree
    buffalosrfree

I was one of those poor misfortunate souls that possessed a minivan, boy did people want to ride with me, and I mean with me an wife, there would be 4 and 5 who would ride with us but not too many to pay for gas. That was one of the things that highlighted thier love and bs quotient for me and helped to spring me. lol. I was injured, out of work and no one would offer any money for gas even tho I had to do rural territority. finally said to hell with it and just me and spouse would go.

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

Many in our congo bought mini-vans. Twas the right thing to do, as one elder put it. Use your unrighteous riches for Jehovah, and he will bless you. That idiot always had a Chevette.

Edited by - Dismembered on 6 September 2002 1:52:52

• CC Ryder
    CC Ryder

Musky said: CC, That is hard to believe that the circuit overseer would actually have the guts to get in someone elses car and turn the radio on, and make judgments.That would piss me off big time. Maybe next time he will go to a brother or sisters house and have a look around when theyre not there. Maybe check to see if theres anything ungodly around.

Yes it really happened. I had it happen to me twice by two different CO's. I didn't give a s%#$ so I let it go in one ear and out the other. Some of the other dubs had it happen to them also. It was when I was in my twenties so I think he figured that being young I was probably listening to "evil Rock& Roll"...he was right!

CC

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit