NASHVILLE Press Conference Info

by worldly girl 4 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• worldly girl
    worldly girl

Hello everyone!! Just checking in to share the details of our local press conference!! It turned out to be a handfull of us there, including: Barbara and Joe Anderson, TatooMom, and myself. All in all it went VERY well.... we didn't even have any dubs show up..... I guess they were on their McDonald's break at the time!! LMAO Anyways, we had a newpaper reporter show up, and 2 local TV stations... check them out tonight after 6pm.... www.wsmv.com , and www.wkrn.com You should be able to at least read our story!! It was very nerve racking to do this and TatooMom and myself have been shaking all day, but we know we did the right thing, for all of the victims who couldn't speak out. I would also like to say that if it hadn't been for Joe and Barbara supporting us, we probably wouldn't have had the courage to do so.... Finally I would like to say THANK YOU to the media that showed up, and listened to us... I would say they are probably the first to listen to our stories in a LONG time!! AND thanks to everyone on her for their continued support!!!

HUGS TO ALL!!!!

WG

• abbagail
    abbagail

THANK YOU WorldlyGirl for the late-breaking news! Sounds fantastic! TWO news stations and another reporter! You guys out-did us in Orlando (we had Fox TV-news, and one newspaper reporter with his camera man for the Orlando Sentinel).

CONGRATULATIONS to you and TatooMom and Barbara and Joe Anderson! Wish I could see your coverage on the TN news stations tonight!!! I hope someone will tape it off their TV's, and then send a copy to Trauma_Hound or some other willing volunteer at this forum who knows how to turn a VCR tape into online video????? We need a volunteer to do that for the Orlando coverage, too.

Hope you guys get over the "shakes" soon! And I feel the exact same way as you: It was a little nervewracking but I AM SO HAPPY I WENT & I FEEL FANTASTIC ABOUT IT, sort of like a catharsis. I, too, feel IT IS THE ABSOLUTE RIGHT THING TO DO, WITHOUT A DOUBT!!!! (I now can't wait for the NEXT opportunity!!)

Thanks for the reminder to write the reporters to say thanks! I almost forgot! I better do that NOW!

Love!!!!
    Grits

PS: LOL @ the dubs being at McDonalds!!! :-)

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

Great job Nashville!!! We're really proud of you all. As hard as it was, only good can come of it. HUGS

Country Girl

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

WSMV carries the story "Former church members march in protest" and has a video entitled "Peoople say they were molested as a child by a Jehovah's Witness."

WKRN has an article and video with the title: "Sexual abuse allegations within Jehovah's Witnesses denomination."

• abbagail
    abbagail

Thanks for the titles, Kenneson. Things just keep getting better!

Hey, Anybody! HELP! I tried to post the Orlando press conference info/report but it won't let me because I made two new threads last night re: Orlando's events today. So I cannot post anything else until 24 hours have passed! Eeeeekkkss!

PLEASE STAND BY..... until my 24 hours have passed. :-(

What a ditz I am. I never thought of that last night, that I would not be able to create a new Topic today.

Everyone will have gone to bed by the time I get our Orlando Press Conference info online! Well, there's always tomorrow...

Grits

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit