Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act

by Oubliette 10 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

In light of Anthony Morris' latest propaganda piece, I thought it might be informative for members of our community to see what is typically required of mandated reporters.

Here is what a credentialed teacher in the State of California must agree to as part of their licensing and credentialing. (This is a requirement of both initial credentialing as well as renewals).

We must indicate that we agree and understand the duties required of the Child Abuse and Neglect and Reporting Act and the Oath and Affidavit:

Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act

“As a document holder authorized to work with children, it is part of my professional and ethical duty to report every instance of child abuse or neglect known or suspected to have occurred to a child with whom I have professional contact.

I understand that I must report immediately, or as soon as practicably possible, by telephone to a law enforcement agency or a child protective agency, and will send a written report and any evidence relating to the incident within 36 hours of becoming aware of the abuse or neglect of the child.

I understand that reporting the information regarding a case of possible child abuse or neglect to an employer, supervisor, school principal, school counselor, coworker, or other person is not a substitute for making a mandated report to a law enforcement agency or a child protective agency.

I understand that the reporting duties are individual and no supervisor or administrator may impede or inhibit my reporting duties.

I understand that once I submit a report, I am not required to disclose my identity to my employer.

I understand that my failure to report an instance of suspected child abuse or neglect as required by the Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act under Section 11166 of the Penal Code is a misdemeanor punishable by up to six months in jail or by a fine of one thousand dollars ($1,000), or by both that imprisonment and fine.

I acknowledge and certify that as a document holder, I will fulfill all the duties required of a mandated reporter.”

I have read and understand my required duties under the Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act (Penal Code §11164ff.)

I solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support the Constitution of the United States of America, the Constitution of the State of California, and the laws of the United States and the State of California. I hereby certify (or declare) under penalty of perjury under the laws of the State of California that all the foregoing statements in this application are true and correct.

Oath and Affidavit (Signed and dated)

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

How long until only Eldubs are called "ordained ministers" and the R&F are given some BS title like....err..Gibeonites??

If Caesar demanded that ordained ministers must report all instances of abuse, alleged or otherwise, I cannot imagine the WTBTS wanting you average J-dumb sending written reports to authorities. Jesus, can you even imagine the shit-storm that would cause?!

LOL!!! Yep, if anything like that gets even close to materializing, nu-light will be released from the holy gob of the septa-pope!

DD

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

DD: I cannot imagine the WTBTS wanting you average J-dumb sending written reports to authorities. Jesus, can you even imagine the shit-storm that would cause?!

I'm sure the WTBTS does NOT want that, but not for the reason that most people seem to think. Mandated reporting would not increase liability, it would actually decrease it.

The reason the WT leaders don't want this getting out is that it would completely destroy the illusion that this religion is "The One True Religion," and reveal that it is in fact just another man-made organization, albeit a very delusional and often damaging one due to their plethora of false beliefs.

This situation completely reveals to those that see it just how harmful false beliefs are.

Let's review: It's a cult!

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

@ Oubliette...

Not to mention that it would expose much more just how many (previously unknown) offenders that are likely moving about amongst the hierarchy and rank-and-file.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette
    Good point Vidiot!
  • RichardHaley
    RichardHaley

The OP also applies to classified staff at California schools. Our maintenance staff was also required to take online training/testing and sign paperwork concerning the Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act as part of our employment contract.

We were told that if we become aware of a situation to not even report to our supervisors but go straight to the authorities and were given all the necessary contact information. I didn't see the wt legal dept. on the list... lol.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

RichardHaley, interesting point, I did not know that.

So basically we're saying that the secular society in California is better at protecting children that "Jehovah's Organization."

School District janitors are mandated reporters, but JW elder/janitors are not!

Just one more indictment of this cult masquerading as "The One True Religion."

• rebel8
    rebel8

jws should not need Caesar to make them do the right thing.

Caesar grants a special privilege to ordained ministers--the ability to perform weddings. That implies the minister has responsibilities to ensure the wedding is conducted legally.

With privilege should come responsibility.

• umbertoecho
    umbertoecho

We have very similar laws here in Australia, especially in the school system. For me to become a mere Teachers Assistant, I had to go through many checks and have an updated card at all times. Infact, I could not begin to study until I had a card authorizing me to do so.

It's a very thorough method of weeding out the wrong types. Of course, some mistakes do happen. It's a rarity though. Most of the elders in this country, at least those in the states that require it, have working with children cards. I'm not sure how many states require it at this stage.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Umberto: We have very similar laws here in Australia

As recent events have demonstrated. Australia is leading the way. This needs to be implemented globally!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit