Try Other Religions

by Sofia Lose 52 Replies latest jw experiences

• Elgiard
    Elgiard

Having escaped one trap I was never in a hurry to walk willingly into another.

• Aerodynamic
    Aerodynamic

Sometimes this forum has the right topic at the right time. I too am going through this, (Sorry I haven't spilt my story yet. I'm waiting on a lonely weekend and a bottle of Jack. :). I went round and round to many churches seeking Truth. Still looking I guess. I really, truly believe in Jehovah and his love, just don't think the witness organization is 100%, even that's up for debate in the ole noggin. Eventually it has come down to reading the bible, and nothing more. I read it every day. I started at Genesis and just started writing questions, concerns and a brief synopsis. I started a private blog of my incites, but its not ever going to be public, maybe upon death.

Anyway, just read the bible, without the blinders or other stupid struggling men, who claim they can interrupt read and understand better than you. Read and prayer for understanding. Go to a church and all you get is a pastor who thinks he has more truth and knowledge about the bible than you. Read and cleave to what you believe, do a little research for yourself. If you feel the need to go to a physical building, then go. I got tired if hearing "I believe I think, etc." I always did like the fellowship, the belonging to something, the cause. Why do you think there are so many denominations, so many churches. Well we are all different and they offer a flavor that is fitting for each of us. Not everyone like vanilla.

• Giordano
    Giordano

For those trying to figure out which religion you should look into here's a quick Quiz that may be helpful also fun. Answer as clearly as you can and you'll be matched with a an interesting choice.

Share the results with us.

http://www.selectsmart.com/RELIGION/

• LisaRose
    LisaRose
    I was a secular humanist, which fits me pretty well.
  • FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway

100% liberal Quaker.

94% mainline liberal Protestant.

• rebel8
    rebel8

I tried Catholicism. It was good for me socially and it's a way for me to connect with my culture. It also provided a small sense of healing because I was forced to dissociate myself from it when I became jw. And it's a nice story. Pre-Easter stuff and xmas eve mass are opportunities to meditate on how awesome it could be if the good parts were true. But they're not.

I explored Buddhism, Wicca, Voodoo, new agey stuff, even herbalism but was unable to believe because it's obviously untrue. I wanted to believe, truly.

I read about other religions out of interest--again, failed to believe because of the obvious untruth.

So I'm a Humanist. The quiz agrees.

Your top result is
    Secular Humanism
  • fulano
    fulano
    A fox is not caught twice in the same snare.
  • HowTheBibleWasCreated
    HowTheBibleWasCreated

I'm an atheist however I lean towards taoism and quantum mysticism...I'm short Buddism has some great wisdom as well.

I'm opne to religion IF it's based on wisdom.... not myth... eliminate the myths from the eastern religions and you are left to explore

• millie210
    millie210

Neo pagan says the quiz.

I will have to research to see what that even is!

• Giordano
    Giordano

Neo Pagan??

You probably marked off the box that said I believe in one animal sacrifice a year.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit