How did Stalin feel about Hitler?(Discovery ch.)

by sf 15 Replies latest jw friends

• sf
    sf

'Obsessed'...according to the Discovery channels documetary tonight entitled 'What Really Happened to Hitler?'

Fascinating!

Supposedly, tonight's program reveals 'never before told' secrets.

sKally

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

Is this the show where they reveal what happened to Hitler's body? There was a Discovery programme that had an interview with a Soviet nurse, who told how the Russians found Hitler's body alongside Eva Braun's and they carted them around for several weeks until finally burying them in unmarked graves. I do recall that they said Stalin was obsessed with finding Hitler's body, since for several days no one knew what happened to Hitler.

• Guest 77
    Guest 77

SF, how about the Czar of Russia?

Guest 77

• Stephanus
    Stephanus
    I guess Russian deaths don't count in the most vile of vile awards!

Hitler himself would have been proud of this outcome!

• Larry
    Larry

Jim - Damn good point!!!!

" Stalin and his cronies murdered around 50 million Russians! "

There are other groups that were targeted for extermination, but that's another story :)

Peace and Security - LL

• Dino
    Dino

Hey sweetness!

Been trying to find you in Yahoooooooo!

Anyhoo, take care.

Dino

• sf
    sf

Yes, it is that very documentary you speak of on Discovery channel.

What if Hitler was 'preserved' and He will 'rise again? Was He actually Human?

Dino, your phone number keeps changing. I've been off and on yahoo, as life's duties call.

(((((Guest77}}}}

sKally, German klass

• Satanus
    Satanus

Lazar Kaganovitch (jew), stalin's right hand man, kills 8 million ukranians.

Lazar=hero, lives to a peacefuly secure old age.

8 million ukranians=0 (forgotten)

SS

• ThiChi
    ThiChi

Read

Solzhenitsyn's "The Gulag Archipelago 1918-1956"

I was glued to my seat. Stalin was much worse than Hitler. The Jws are mentioned in this account too......

"It was Article 58 of the broad-sweeping Soviet Criminal Code that resulted in the execution or imprisonment of the millions whom Stalin called counterrevolutionaries. Article 58 included acts ranging from crimes against the state (e.g. a prisoner weakened from illness or malnutrition could be shot for being unable to work), to consorting with foreigners to economic sabotage, called "wrecking." Examples of wrecking included a peasant's making a bad decision that resulted in crop failure or a factory employee's machine accidentally catching on fire.

Aptly referred to by Solzhenitsyn as the Soviet Union's "sewerage disposal system," some of the horrifying methods utilized by the Stalin regime to rid itself of "undesirables" include those of a suspect being arrested while undergoing surgery for repair of an ulcer, men and women under interrogation being beaten and tortured and deprived of sleep for days on end, camp internees' dying from being deprived of food and water, and contracting typhus and other diseases from massive overcrowding and unsanitary conditions. Prisoners, denied bathroom facilities or even buckets, were forced to lay in their own urine and excrement or to eat their meager rations from unwashed pails which previously contained coal or human waste. Solzhenitsyn recounts the bizarre but true history of a man, mistakenly believing he was Tsar Mikhail (the successor to Nicholas II), who was given a long prison sentence for having composed and then having read a proclamation to the Soviet citizenry promising better times under his own reign. Most sickening of all, at least to me, were those Russian soldiers who became German POWs and who were imprisoned after the allied victory by their own government for allegedly humiliating their motherland by failing to elude their German captors."

Edited by - thichi on 5 September 2002 13:50:36

• cellomould
    cellomould

ThiChi,

I am reading The Gulag Archipelago right now. It is powerfully written. It just makes you want to scream sometimes, doesn't it? One thing that I just read was that thieves were treated better than political prisoners. They often served one reduced sentence for a series of terrible crimes. Political prisoners were often executed for having an opinion.

How hypocritical... the jailors even sought to profit by confiscating items stolen by the thieves.

I want to write a few short articles about what I've read...perhaps I could let you read them first...hopefully I get to it soon.

cellmould

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit