Is it 607 or 586 ?

by happy man 24 Replies latest jw friends

• ItsJustlittleoldme
    ItsJustlittleoldme

Oh wow! Didn't even see that... hehehe.. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• ItsJustlittleoldme
    ItsJustlittleoldme

Ozzie said:

There's no reply yet. D'ya think I'll get one?
    Please don't hold your breath on this one, I wouldn't want you to hurt yourself :-)
  • scholar
    scholar

Ozziepost

Christian greetings to you and Mrs Ozzie from a fellow citizen residing in the best city of the planet, Sydney.

You are somewhat intriqued by my academic cre4dentials. So am I. Having spent my youth in various avenues of fulltime service, regular and special pioneer and missionary activity, I have been able to fulfill my dream of receiving two degrees, undergraduate and postgraduate in a field that I have always loved, biblical studies and theology.

You have claimed that Carl Jonsson' s work Gentile Times Reconsidered is a masterpiece. Although I respect his scholarship, his work is flawed by his treatment of the seventy years. Greg Staffpord in his Disssertaions has simply reviewed Carls interpretation of the seventy years and provides an alterrnative explanation for most of the key texts discussed in the Jonsson hypothrsis..

The subject of the seventy years is truly problematic. In fact, there is no universal consensus within current biblical scholarship that as to its theology and its chronology. Therefore. anything writtten om the subject must be considered simply as opinion until such time as a methodical study is produced.

To illustrate the difficulty in interpreting the seventy years, you may read the Excursus; Seventy Years in Jeremiah 26-52, Vol.27 in the Word Biblical Commentary, pp.73-75, 1995, Word Books, Dallas, Texas. You can purchase a copy at Koorong Books or read a copy at the Moore Theological College Library adjacent to Sydney Uni.. This short article simply several viewponts and contains a Bibliography which refers the reader to what has been published in the scholarly journals. Also, I believe you have a keem interest in Romans, you may consider purchasing Romans in the same commentary series and from the same bookseller.

Whilst researching this vexing topic, I suggest you refrain from the shiraz.

Regards

scholar BA MA studies in religion.r

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Scholar,

Thank you for your helpful reply, although one article is not too much, is it?

Anyway, Bible commentaries I have in abundance, it seems at times, and certainly the locations you mention I am very familiar with. I don't know about the abstinence drom the shiraz. Moore doesn't avoid it either!!

BTW do we know each other?

Cheers, Ozzie

• scholar
    scholar

Ozziepost

You have many Bible commentaries, but what sort are they? The one that I have suggested will be of great benefit if you are genuine in your inquiry.. The article lists the journal articles for your examination.. You will need to make an effort otherwise any article that I have will be of no interest to you.

scholar

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit