What scripture is embeded in your HEAD?

by Beans 20 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Preston
    Preston

Duh...I can't believe nobody mentioned Hebrews...uh....(scratches head) you know, the one about "not forsaking the gathering of ourselves". Hebrews 10:24, 25 (there, I had to look it up). This was the scripture they shoved in my face (not a lot but still) when they (the elders) tried to light a fire under my behind in order to scare me into going back to meetings again...

I just can't understand why they would take a very old scripture from a very old manuscript, almost 2,000 years old and apply it to...hey, it's Thursday night, let's go to a meeting where they will say the same stuff they did last week.

But yeah, Hebrews 10:24,25....

• Dutchie
    Dutchie

Matthew 24:14

• minimus
    minimus

1 Cor. 15: 33---BAD ASSOCIATION SPOILS USEFUL HABITS.....oh oh, I better get out of this place!

• Quotes
    Quotes

2 Macabees Chapter 108 veree 1292:

And the one that keeps the Quotes must never forsake the returning of voicemail and/or email to the one that has been named Beans. And in the event that the keeper of the Quotes should be away for an extended long weekend, that one must make special effort to use the technology to return voicemail and email messages, so that the one called Beans will not be distressed.

And if Quotes should neglect his friend Beans, then Beans should go to his Brother, and lay bare his concern, and they should annoint their lips with flagens of meade and lager and ales, and the burning of the Cuban Satan-Sticks.

So it shall be written, so it shall be done.

• SoulJah
    SoulJah

Yup! Psalms 83:18 & Revelations 21:3,4
  • Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Jeremiah 25:27 "And you must say to them, This is what Jehovah of armies, the God of Israel, has said: "Drink and get drunk and puke and fall so that YOU cannot get up..."

• PopeOfEruke
    PopeOfEruke

"AND THE MALE ORGAN THEY BEHELD"

can't remember the scripture, some OT prophet....

Pope

• Mac
    Mac

Song of Solomon 5:2 I have always found this scripture most useful in field "service"!

• apple829
    apple829

1 John 4:8 He that does not love has not come to know God, because God is love.

Sherryl

• bad_associashun
    bad_associashun

;-) minimus ~ you forgot the 'Do not be misled' ... bad association spoils useful habits.

2 Tim 3:16, 17 ~ was this one left out of ANY meeting??

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit