Home From Vacation/Visited German Bethel

by Dutchie 39 Replies latest jw experiences

• GermanXJW
    GermanXJW

Its like I always said, Life is too short to learn German.

To me it was vital.

• PopeOfEruke
    PopeOfEruke

GermanJW,

did you ever know anyone from Selters, or Frankfurt English congregation? Did you know Michael, the elder from Frankfurt English, who had the twin daughters? He resigned as an elder then not long after quit altogether?

Pope

• mann377
    mann377

do they (WTBS) still show of the equipment that the WTBS sumggled out of France over the tax issue?

• Beans
    Beans

Dutchie:

Ich bin Deutsch auch, das ist ein zehr gute urlaubt na!!! I could not imagine doing all that!

Now the young German boys dresing up, well that I believe is a totally normal thing that would occur in there culture but not here in Canada or America and that is why it would be a disfellowshipping incident over here. I would bet that the Germans would not even think twice about that not being normal but would find it funny!

Beans

Canadian Overbeer

http://Quotes.JehovahsWitnesses.com

• PopeOfEruke
    PopeOfEruke

Beans, I see you are a cunning linguist as well! Kewl!

Pope

• myself
    myself

Dutchie, so very glad to see you back. I agree it was a loving thing not to upset your in-laws. They are most likely in for the right reasons, just a shame that so many are mislead.

I was always under the impression that apostacy was an unforgivable sin. Why would the jw's try to encourage them back into the halls? Now the GB are afraid to have any re-instated because they are afraid that they will help others to see the true light? Curious.

• Dutchie
    Dutchie

Hi Myself,

Thanks for the kind words. Actually you are right. If you go back to my original post I said:

...........be overly concerned about making shepherding calls on apostates because the society was not anxious for them to come back in the organization
    The society does not want them back in the organization because they have found that sometimes the ones disfellowshipped for apostacy will come back in the truth and influence others to turn apostate.
  • joeshmoe
    joeshmoe

How are the grandparents doing Dutchie? I hope they're well.

Sad to say, I had a grandparent die day before yesterday. She had been a JW for over 50 years. I was glad that she was not aware of my DFing. Why add stress to old age?

-Josh

P.S. Hey, is that a new profile pic? Cool!

• Dutchie
    Dutchie

Hi Joe,

I'm so sorry to hear about your grandparent. Please accept my condolences.

Yes, that is the way I thought too, why add stress to their life. They are old and weak and there just did not seem to be any logical reason to do so. They are as well as can be expected I guess, but suffer from many ailments and who knows how long they have?

I am glad you like my new picture.

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy
    I suppose to some this may seem the cowards way out,

Not at all, that was a very un-selfish and caring thing for you to do.

Me I could see me preparing to go out in service for the cause but I probably would come down with a bad case of laryngitis.

welcome back (((BELATED AS IT IS)))

Edited by - plmkrzy on 9 September 2002 1:37:25

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit