The "Superhuman" Cult Leader

by refiners fire 13 Replies latest jw friends

• scooter
    scooter

Interesting observation, RF.

Whenever I say something uncomplementing about old Charlie Boy to my wife (JW), she actually agrees with me (the only time she does about the WBTS). " We all know Russell was a bit of a nutter" she tells me. But it does prove your point that other cult leaders (and founders) are seen as Superhuman" compared to the WBTS's "Supernutter"!

Scooter

• The Alchemist
    The Alchemist

Never forget Russell was the seventh and last Laodicion messenger as spoken in Holy writ. He walked n company of St Peter, St Paul, Arius, Waldo (as in where is...), Tyndale, Luther. We know this is true because his pyramid tombstone says so! While those other Super cult leaders could do all those tricks Charley could come up with more dumb a$$ teachings and get people to believe it. Even getting people to sell his books door to door while they lived out of the back of a truck. Charley had the real power!

• butalbee
    butalbee

If dubs did venerate the founder of their religion, they'd be selling the magic wheat door to door, rather than their infamous rag mags.

• DannyBear
    DannyBear

Jw veneration of thier leader's is MORE insidious than most. They rationalize mistakes with one liner diversions; 'respect the office not the man', 'jehovah used him, even though he was imperfect', 'even Paul was weak' then in the next breath they eulogize the leader by immortalizing some event or act of the individual.

In Charles Taze case, they never tire of pointing to the 'little bible study-group' in the late 1800's, that was the catalist for modern day jwdom. They fail to mention that he CTR had to invest his considerable wealth, his business prowess to establish the religion, since their really was no significant radio, no tv, no internet, the only way to stardom was publishing. If the local newspaper's wouldn't print it...then you had to do it on your own.

So ole Charles was pretty savy, he not only started printing his visions, but came up with the unpaid distributor's, who willingly spread the message.....and kept coming back for more.

Everyone of them after have used the same methods. The Apostle Paul being the first in a long line of cult promoter's who have enjoyed world wide adulation.

Whether jw's own up to it or not, the fact of the matter is, it's historical truth.

Danny

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit