Ozzie's Wine of the Month - September

by ozziepost 21 Replies latest jw friends

• JosephMalik
    JosephMalik

joy2bfree,

Yes, both the wine and the ingredients for the sauce. I have been working on two formulas for the sauce because Sam's does not always have everything in stock when you need it. We have local wines here since NC was originally wine country for the colonies and it is coming back but for everyday use the Livingston is pretty good. I can E-mail you the sauce recipes if you like?

Joseph

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

Hi Joseph, I like Duplin county's scuppernong wine. You can taste the grape and it's sweet.

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

Mmm, I love Australian shiraz! When I lived in Nhulunbuy, back in 1970-73, Aussie wines were not nearly as good as they are now (no offense, Ozzie). Here's a good California wine to try: 1996 Rutherford Hill Merlot. We joined Geerlings & Wade's wine club (try www.geerwade.com) and are really enjoying their monthly offerings. This one is delicious with sushi! As James Thurber once said: "A modest little wine, but I think you'll be amused by its presumption."

Cheers,

Nina

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

A delightful merlot, sushi and thou. What is better in life?

• Princess
    Princess

OOOOH! We have Rosemount Diamond Shiraz here. I've even seen it at <gasp> Costco. I've tried it and really really like it. My favorite is still Wyndham Estates bin 555 Shiraz....and the bottle Ozzie sent at Christmas.

It's not too pricey Joy. Around $10-12 a bottle. Worth every penny.

Rachel

• JosephMalik
    JosephMalik

Lilacs.

There is now a new winery on the block. Silver Coast wines. They have light white wines grown from grapes grown near the coast near Ocean Island and also press red wines from grapes grown in the mountains.

I get to sample them at the nearby jazz festivals held weekly here at Azalea gardens. We get to sit on the grass or in lawn chairs and listen to mostly local talent. Not bad. Can almost see my house from there as it is just across Bradley Creek on the opposite shore.

Joseph

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    Let me suggest you try Tyrrell's Long Flat Red next opportunity you have and let me know what you think.

G'day Francois,

Just picked up a bottle. Cost $8.59 Real cheap. Wines from the Hunter Valley usually are, especially here in NSW.

I think I'll savor it on Thursday with a nice gourmet pizza at that apostate restaurant!

Cheers, Ozzie

• Beck_Melbourne
    Beck_Melbourne

Ozzie

I tried Shiraz for the first time a few weeks ago when I had some fellow apostate visitors off the board call around. Very nice drop I might add.

I do believe I'm going to indulge from time to time thanks to you and Mrs Ozzie. Your suggestions are well received I must say.

Beck *of the shiraz drinking class*

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Glad to 'hear' it, Beck.

With greetings,

Ozzie, Shiraz and Posters Society

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    Let me suggest you try Tyrrell's Long Flat Red next opportunity you have and let me know what you think.

Tried it, Frank.

Check this out:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.aspx?id=35967&page=1&site=3#483865

Cheers, Ozzie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit