blondie

Mustang, you said,

What is the Borg motto?

That would be:

BE ALL THAT WE TELL YOU TO BE

• JT
    JT

plmkrzy

EVERYTIME i speak to a former jw - we always endup talking about HOW IN THE WORLD COULD BE FOOLED FOR SO LONG

and it becomes so clear why the wt wanted to control the flow of info- as the wt said if someone is at a gathering and the conversation GOES negative, aka something that makes wt look bad, the person who has spiritual apprectition is suppose to REDIRECT THE CONVERSATION back to a spiritual tone

lke the latest exp in the wt, this weeks past talk or a good call one had in service

so even if something weighed heavy on ones mind - we always told OURSELVES AND EACH OTTHER

don't talk about it, just wait on jah-

this phrase is the most used excuse for doing nothing and saying nothing when everyone in the room knows that something is wrong

how sad

• A Paduan
    A Paduan

He does not advocate or insist on personal opinions or harbor private ideas when it comes to Bible understanding. Rater, he has complete confidence in the truth as it is revealed by ..."the faithful and discreet slave."

In my mind - an eating of blood.

paduan

Edited by - a paduan on 2 September 2002 17:52:14

• In_between_days
    In_between_days

Thank you very much for your help and replies, it has been very useful to me. I was talking to a JW about this very recently, I was explaining, in a nutshell, why I never wanted to be a JW again (I was never baptised).

I explained that with the "new light" on the generation of 1914 being changed, how can we be certain that this "new light" is correct? Therefore, if I chose not to believe the "new light" as it may be wrong, is that reasonable, and would I be disphelowshiped if I were baptised?. The JW was VERY uncomfortable about answering this question and kept turning the question to aspects of the 1914 doctrine instead of answering the question. It took about 45 minutes to get an answer, as I had to keep steering the question back to the point of focus. Anyway, the outcome was: "Yes, you can think that, as long as you keep it to yourself." Now, as I suspected, I know that is not true.

I think I actually got her thinking after that.

• UnDisfellowshipped
    UnDisfellowshipped

THANK GOD THE GOVERNING BODY CANNOT READ MINDS!

• Big Tex
    Big Tex
    Is Independent thinking a disphellowshipping offense?

Yep.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Hey IBD ......YES...... ...OUTLAW

• Robdar
    Robdar

My father was told by the CO that he could think what he wanted as long as he didn't discuss it with others.

My father has not been DF'd yet.

Robyn

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Hey Robdar,as long as you say nothing,toe the WBTS rules and regulations,you can think what you want.Just don`t ever be a thinking adult,and discuss your thoughts with your friends,it could rip WBTS apart...OUTLAW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit