devastated youth...my sister was sucked in

by notawitness 15 Replies latest jw experiences

• milka
    milka

It's really sad when religion breaks up families like yours, notawitness. Be assured that she and the JW's are the ones who are in the wrong. Family and love are the most important connections we have in the world, and any religion that tries to break that up is totally wrong - and on top of that, there is so much more that they have to answer for. Unfortunately, like many other members here have pointed out, you may not be able to do anything about it - and that is hard. Giving her lots of space and love, like others here suggest is good. Once you learn more about the negative aspects of the religion and how to attack it, choose your moments and start bringing them out. She won't get any of the negative feedback from the JW's. They guard and hide their hypocrisy like a mother protects her son, and most witnesses are totally ignorant of the organization's lies. As to how to bring them to her attention, I really don't know. The book by David Reed sounds good. The witnesses have such strong indoctrination techniques, that even I wouldn't attempt it until I had read something like that.

Best wishes and Happy Birthday!

• ugg
    ugg

you will like it here...people will beable to help you and give encouragement....hang in there

• notawitness
    notawitness

Thank you all very much for the help, I appreciate it a lot.

• BugParadise
    BugParadise

Notawitness,

here is a good audio file by David Reed on this link that you can download and listen to. It may have something on there to help your situation.

http://www.towertotruth.net/audio.htm

David Reed (1990) - "How to Rescue Your Relatives from the Watchtower" David discusses effective methods to help your loved one come out of the Watchtower Society. You can visit his site at www.cftf.com

• Sentinel
    Sentinel

Hi There,

If your sister is married to a Non JW, then as head of the house, he should pack them up and "get out of Dodge".

Considering the great influence that "his" family has had on her, perhaps if they moved from the area for awhile, and she is "detached" from them, she will get her brain "fixed" and begin thinking logically.

Otherwise, as long as she is near those JW relatives, they are going to keep encouraging her to shut you out of her life. These are just unreasonable robots and you can't reason with a borg.

My heart goes out to you.

Love and Light,

Sentinel/Karen

• Crazy151drinker
    Crazy151drinker

Hey! Im Lutheran! HELLO

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit