Why Is This New Batch of Governing Body Members So Stupid?

by Brokeback Watchtower 43 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• oppostate
    oppostate
    Old timers like Barr, Barber (pre-senility anyway), Sydlik, Barry, etc. at least were dignified and gave the appearance of competence.

They (GB 1.0) were wise enough and discrete enough to keep their mouths shut in public for the most part. This GB 2.0 seems to love the lime light. They don't know when to shut up! And that's good for waking people up.

• Hold Me-Thrill Me
    Hold Me-Thrill Me

The current GB know they are faking it. They are faking their claim to be of the anointed. The previous members were not all fakers. Many honestly believed they were anointed and called by Christ as members of his body.

Such an honest belief brings with it an inner recognition of responsibility. But when it is faked no such responsibility exists. The current GB are simply enjoying the ride for the ride itself. Fakers to the core.

This is why they have spent the hard earned money of so many on a lakeside residence for themselves. They love themselves and believe that God will accept them because they have been selected to lead the Organization. They know lies were told in the past and it appears God did not object. So to them it seems reasonable that God will not object to whatever lies they may tell.

They bought into the idea that the Organization is everything and have given over their minds to it. They are thoroughly indoctrinated and unable to think beyond their own images and positions of power.

They are no longer able to reason. They are no longer able to think for themselves.

And why should "little kings" have to think? Do they not have advisers to think for them? Herd himself admitted that he spends much time, reading and reading what Writing has produced. The dumb cluck did not realize that what he was actually saying is that the GB is sterile and relies on Teaching and Writing to bring stuff in.

These guys would have fit better into the days when Knorr and Fred Franz were running things and the Board of Directors sat around waiting for them to make stuff happen. Today the GB is like those Board of Directors and the Helpers are the ones sitting in Knorr's and Franz' seats...writing, teaching, running things, making changes. The problem is most of them are incompetent.

The Watchtower leadership has received from God what they deserve: Confusion.

Frank

• StrongHaiku
    StrongHaiku
    Hold Me-Thrill Me - The current GB know they are faking it. They are faking their claim to be of the anointed. The previous members were not all fakers. Many honestly believed they were anointed and called by Christ as members of his body.

I have to agree. There seems to be different type of psychopathy going on here. I remember the earnest and genuine appeal of previous GB members. I remember the beautiful talks from people like Dan Sydlik and others. Honest, earnest, and willing to say that they did not know everything but loved their fellow slaves. After 25 years I still remember these talks in my head. From my point of view now, they may have been misguided, but I still have respect for them.

What you have today is something totally different. I imagine that the current GB are really a bunch of men who find themselves in a position of power but are woefully ill-equiped to fulfill it. If it wasn't so tragic it would comical. They are clumsy, stupid, and unprepared for the role they are trying to live up to. They are charlatans. And, are absent of any sense of humility.

• Driving Force
    Driving Force

Tim310rd

I know that since waking up I have also noticed how my thinking ability was handicapped and not just in all things JW.

Thats a very good statement and I see that with myself also.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The acknowledgment of the WTS being a complacent fraud is effecting many aspects to this organization.

There was certainly less doubt and cognitive dissonance within the members in comparison to the old days.

People such as myself who remember what this Org. was like back in the 60's and 70's can see the difference.

The WTS just isn't as open as it used to be.

Hell they are starting to not even come to people's doors anymore.

• steve2
    steve2

From one perspective, though, isn't this old hat? Haven't dullards and by-the-book men often led organizations? There's the old sayings in business circles, "Incompetence rises to the top" and "Those who rule, shouldn't". These observations are especially the case in conservative groups that try to stem modernity. Besides, the vacuousness of leaders gave rise to the that very, very old saw, "The emperor's got no clothes on."

Suggesting the GB are mere puppets provokes the notion something clever and well-thought-through is going on. I think not. These men are playing "catch up" in a world that is increasingly driven, not by the staid printed word, but by moving graphics, talking heads and "Lights, camera, action". Educate through dazzlement. Kids love lots of moving colors!

The older this organization becomes, the more it copies the world. Nothing more, nothing less. We see and hear more from the GB simply because across all media, human personalities flourish as never before - and personalities sell product far more effectively than the printed word. And if they're your leaders, so much the better.

Do not look behind the scenes for explanations; look to the world of media. Those who are astonished at the chsnges within the organization betray a poor comprehension of how much the world influences the orgsnization. In some circles, this is known as a "mainstreaming effect", a process whereby usually closed groups adopt methods and mannerisms that give them contemporary appeal. Puppet masters ? No. Copycat syndrome - that's all.

• oppostate
    oppostate

Excellent TED talk. Thanks for sharing it.

The WT leadership has proven themselves to be a bunch of puffed up super-chickens, roosters or cocks, whatetever, bent on self-agrandizement at the expense of others, pecking the living $h!t, (youth, livelyhood and dreams) out of those they consider beneath them.

• FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway

Now that the 'anointed' are getting either too elderly to be promoted or judged insane for saying they are anointed cuz they're too young,....pickings are getting slim. 'The best,' of the anointed men who would become the GB, are no longer so good. You have men dying on a desert island. The last ones to become the leaders are not going to be as good as the first ones who were natural leaders.

Also I was thinking, what does it take these days to be a true believer fundamentalist witness? Back when GB 1.0 was being educated, evolution was barely taught in school. GB 2.0 would have been much more exposed to it, and for a true believer witness to survive, it takes a lot of shutting down the mind and a more rigid personality. These guys have always followed the rules to a t, to be promoted. Some of the nice elders all of us have known were probably doubters, more merciful, less legalistic. That's not the type of elders these guys are. They have been dogmatically rigid their whole lives and have chosen to be ignorant and purposely devalued education because it is a threat to their fundamentalist faith.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Who are you calling stupid ?

I lead a billion dollar world wide religious publishing house and have 8 million devoted mental slaves

who do what I tell them to do.

Thats what stupid does .

In all accounts stupidity paid off for me big time !

• JakeM2012
    JakeM2012

Thanks BrokeBack WT.

So Heffernan says: Among the super chicken's group, they had all pecked each other to death and only three survived. Since we are applying this to the organization, Sound like all the congregations that I have been in.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit