I JUST HAD A GREAT IDEA

by Zechariah 10 Replies latest jw friends

• Zechariah
    Zechariah

I just had a great idea.It has been inspired by my own post about the comparison of the past Reformers of the Church with that of ex-JWs who seek to reform the WTS. Althouh I have gotten very few responses to my post I am convinced that most believe the Protestant Reformation program accurately symbolizes our own reformation efforts of the WTS. Hence comes my big idea.

Lets make use of the historical event of Luthers posting the 95 theses or indictments against the churches many sins on the door of the castle church at Wittenberg in the German state of Saxony.
    . Lets use it as a huge publicity stunt for the march on Bethel at the end of the month.

Here is what I propose we do. We should carefully amongst ourselves compose 95 indictments against the WTS. It should summarize the society's many sins against God. We then should have many copies printed of this document for wide distribution. We should arrange for a formal presentation of these indictments to the governing body at Bethel at the time of the march.

I am certain the media will latch on to this big time. We could for the time of the march prepare a press release containing the indictments for release at that time.

What does anybody think?

Zechariah

Edited by - zechariah on 1 September 2002 19:40:3

• Dizzy Cat
    Dizzy Cat

I shall watch from afar with amusement

• johnathanseagull
    johnathanseagull

Think it's a stunning idea and would certainly nail some on the local congs doors here

J Gull

• nancee park
    nancee park

Nobody will read a literal "95" items. Here's a better idea.

Every envelope you send out for the next year put "silentlambs.org" and also "freeminds.org" somewhere on it.

• Zechariah
    Zechariah

Nancee Park,

Nobody will read a literal "95" items.

The nobodies you are speaking of who will read this not so massive document are the millions of people who are JWs, millions of people who are contemplating becoming a JW or the millions of people who have a close relationship with any of these. Also as you suggested it doesnt have to be a "literal" 95. If we have trouble with the length it is fine as long as it is known related to Luthers document.

Here's a better idea.
    Every envelope you send out for the next year put "silentlambs.org" and also "freeminds.org" somewhere on it

Your great idea in no way negates or replaces mine.

Edited by - zechariah on 1 September 2002 18:6:29

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

Zechariah,

I want to make a slight correction to your post. The Protestant Reformation did not begin in Rome, Italy. Actually, Martin Luther nailed his 95 theses to the door of the castle church at Wittenberg in the German state of Saxony. But the repercussion was felt in Rome.

• Zechariah
    Zechariah

Thanks much for the correction. I was too fast in writing the post I didn't verify my info.

Zechariah

• IronGland
    IronGland

"I JUST HAD A GREAT IDEA"

Treat it kindly. It's in a strange place.
  • Zechariah
    Zechariah
    "I JUST HAD A GREAT IDEA"
    Treat it kindly. It's in a strange place

Can you translate what you just said?

Zechariah

• IronGland
    IronGland

I quoted YOU. You said you had a great idea. I was saying to treat the idea kindly since it is in a strange place i.e your brain.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit