Time to Fly Away

by DJ 13 Replies latest jw friends

• DJ
    DJ

Hello XJW's:

I am writing this because I want to say so long.....I have only been around here for 3 mos. It is definately time to leave, as I have spent my summer here and it's time to hit the beach one last time. When I come home it will be time to start schooling my little ones. I will not have the time to be here and I know that it is what's best for me and my family.

I left the WT in 1996 and I must tell you that I'm glad that I didn't have the time to spend on the computer back then. I left the jw's w/o computer knowledge. I read books and articles and most of all, I prayed. I'm glad that I went that route because I can honestly tell you that I would not have done well here. I have been thru hell and back....much more than I dared to write in my intro. If I had come here in 1996, I'm not sure what would have happened to me. This place has served it's purpose for me. After my intro, I sat back and read it again as the responses came in. I saw a part of my life on paper and it didn't seem so bad anymore. Reading the pain is nothing compared to experiencing it.

I wish that this place that Simon so admirably holds up was more beneficial to newcomers. Instead, I found a lot of people who are full of themselves, trying to impress others. Many are full of hate and deceit and still..anger. I do not find this forum to be a place to resolve anger, rather it is what holds it together. There are also many people who seem genuinely warm and I appreciate you all. I truly cannot figure out why you stay.

Unpopular as it is, I am now a Christian and I am joyful in Christ. I wish that joy for all of you. If you refuse and want to belittle your Creator that's ok. I don't think that atheists should persue the Christians. I feel that in this world of new age tolerance for all beliefs, that the atheists who so boldly want their positions known should show a little respect for those who don't share in their disbelief. Simon has accomplished a great weeding process, in my opinion there are still too many weeds though. The forum is for discussion of things relating to JW's and I am disheartened by the fact that those of us who share this background could be so cruel to others. We are a family, sadly though it's a sickly disfunctional one.

There was a time in my life as a dub that I thought that the demonic stuff was a load of crap. I have since learned all too well that although they got carried away a bit, they weren't totally wrong. I know that it's hard to accept things that are frightening. Demons do exist and I have firsthand knowledge as do my siblings. You can make fun and call them demonzzz if it makes you feel better. I understand, I did the same crap. It isn't make believe and I pray that you never really have to find out for yourselves. If you think that you know what fear or terror or pain or agony is.....think again, because if you haven't lived in these shoes..........(or anyone else's who been thru that) then you are utterly unschooled in terror. My husband was a witness to my experience, in case you are thinkin' schizo. Wrong again my friends. I am telling you this from the depths of my heart, it is true. This thing did more damage to me physically, psychologically and spiritually then I could ever tell you. I will not go into details for your own sakes. I just wanted to give you a heads up....not everything the dubs taught is completely wrong. They overreact about throwing items away, etc but their are freaked out about it.I don't think it's wise to say the least to poke fun at that which you do not understand. I also think that it is incredibly inconsiderate to make light of an experience that a newbie may have had.

Do you have idea the guts it takes to tell the world this? Forgive any typos as I don't feel like proofing. I wish you all the best. It is time for me to fly. It is in my own best interest to put the WT in the past and forget them It does not serve as therapy for me to stay dwelling on them or what I went thru because of them. It is my opinion that the demonic stuff that they experience is because of their own dabblings in spiritism. You reap what you so.

My love and best wishes to all who are here. Just try to knock off all of the drunkeness talk in chat, It is not a good idea to behave that way in front of the vulnerable new ones, they are hurting and frightened.

dj

• Prisca
    Prisca

Bye, and I wish you all the best on your spiritual journey.

• Cowboy
    Cowboy

(((((DJ)))))

I hate to see you go,but I understand.Sometimes you've got to move on.I agree that sometimes this board can be pretty harsh,but I think there's still plenty of valuable info and people here.Take care and stay in touch.

Cowboy

• Simon
    Simon

All the best DJ ... thanks for stopping by and have a pleasant onward journey

• Mac
    Mac

Best wishes DJ, we all must follow our own path.

• Windchaser
    Windchaser

((((((DJ)))))) I agree that anger, bad-mouthing the Creator and being arrogant and pompous are very negative things.

My very best wishes to you and your family,

With love,

Dottie

• onacruse
    onacruse

Best wishes to ya, DJ!!

You make some very valid points....in any community, there is the good, the not-so-good, and the just plain bad. Such is human nature.

Perhaps you will find the opportunity to visit from time to time? I hope so.

Craig

• Double Edge
    Double Edge

Bye D.J.

You'll truly be missed...please check in every now and then. Good Luck.

• Larry
    Larry

Take care - Wish ya the best.

This part of your post stood out in my mind "I do not find this forum to be a place to resolve anger, rather it is what holds it together." Interesting - something to ponder.

Peace - LL

• ugg
    ugg

you have found closure...good for you....best wishes on lifes journey....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit