Isaiah's Prophecy

by BIBLE BASHER 12 Replies latest jw friends

• BIBLE BASHER
    BIBLE BASHER

Dose any else find this study book boreing?

The last 12 months at the book study has been very hard work for me. I have found the Isaiah book boreing and very hard to follow. I have at times had to remain silient because some of the statements made in the publication are unfounded and not backed up from scripture. I have to admit iam not looking forward to part two. I have been attending and participating in the book study for 35 yrs and I have never felt like this before. Is it me?

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Welcome to the Board BibleBasher,

I have at times had to remain silient because some of the statements made in the publication are unfounded and not backed up from scripture.

I wish more JW's would have the gumption to follow your lead as most of what the WTS preaches is unfounded and not backed up by scripture. Imagine thousands of congregations around the world sitting in eerie silence throughout all the meetings as the latest attempt at WTS intepretation falls like a trussed kipper on deaf ears.

Best regards - HS

• Crystal
    Crystal

Ecclesiastes 12] And further, by these, my son, be admonished: of making many books there is no end; and much study is a weariness of the flesh.
    [13] Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man.
    [14] For God shall bring every work into judgment, with every secret thing, whether it be good, or whether it be evil.

Interesting how the jw ignore or twist scriptures for their own advantage.

Welcome aboard!!

• RunningMan
    RunningMan

Say, Bible Basher, you sound like the type of person who could answer a question for me.

What is being studied after the Isaiah book? I believe the book is completed sometime this month.

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy
    I have to admit iam not looking forward to part two. I have been attending and participating in the book study for 35 yrs and I have never felt like this before. Is it me?

No it isn't just you. I was pretty bored with it also. I didn't finish it. I found it difficult to focus on what I was reading without drifting off into la la land.

Funny thing is I heard so many witnesses say how wonderful and eye opening the Isaiah book was/is and can't wait for the next.

whatever

• LovesDubs
    LovesDubs

Oh it is SO not you doll...do you remember going through the Revelation book like a bazillion times??? I almost PUKED every time they tried to apply that entire freaking book to the organization! Like Twiggy trying to fill out Dolly Partons bra. If it doesnt fit you MUST acquit.

You are feeling the way you do because your heart and your head are starting to argue with your ears and your mouth :) Dissonance baby dissonance..dont it sound purdy?

• Omega Man
    Omega Man

What you don't like the well oiled dishes they are providing you? ;o)

What did you think of that study a few weeks ago when the israelities returned to Jeruslum ( my spelling has gotton so bad ) and they showed that scripture of the lame walking and the deaf hearing to apply to a spirtitual state . I thought we use to use this scripture to show people the future paradise?

• crownboy
    crownboy

RunningMan the Isiah Prophecy is broken up into two books, and we are about to finish the 1st one in a couple of weeks, so we have a schedule for book 2, but not for what's next (my guess would be one of the two new releases from this year, most likely the "Jehovah" book).

Biblebasher, you're not alone in your sentiments. My only question is why most JW's can't see through this obvious bunk. Anyone can make the scriptures say anything if the parameters are set wide enough, so it's always wise to realize that the scriptures may not have some cryptic "future fulfillment" all the time. Doesn't any JW question who gave the Org. the authority to give "future fulfillments" to scriptures anyway?

Add to that the fact that I don't find Jehovah particularly appealing as some choleric, misanthropic deity who apparently can't keep a small nation of nomadic Semites (much less the whole world) to his worship, then BS becomes even more BS .

• VM44
    VM44

What statements in the book which are not backed up by scripture? It would be useful to have a list of examples to bring up at the right time. --VM44

• dsgal
    dsgal

If you feel statements in the book are unfounded and not backed up by scripture,then why do you even bother to go?Your'e suppose to be getting your spiritual food,not being bored to death.By the way,I stopped attending meetings about halfway through the Isaiah book and I still wonder what it was talking about.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit